Maclaren Strollers? Techno XLR? Anyone with pics of their LO's in them?

noahsmom24

I'm looking more into Maclaren Strollers as an option for us, I found Maclaren Techno XLR's on Ebay for $185 - The catch is that they are 2007 & are a crimson/tan color. Which isn't UGLY but it isn't you know what I would choose if I had the choice. (Here is the link to it)
http://cgi.ebay.com/Maclaren-Euro-T...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3ca8530562
(Dont buy them all! LOL ;) )

Anyway, Do any of you have any pics of your children in your Maclarens? From what I read there isn't MUCH difference in the seat back length between the different mac strollers, I'd love to see a Techno XLR. My son is 2yrs old, 40lbs, & 39inches. My sons Torso length is 15inches "NOT 13inches! lol" I had dh help me measure him without him slouching and moving around.

ADS

flutie128

Here are some pictures of my Maclaren Techno Classic.
IMG_0289s.jpg

IMG_0292s-1.jpg

DS is almost 5 in this picture. If he rides in it I don't buckle him in because the buckle is set for DD.
IMG_0294s-1.jpg

DD is almost 1 in this picture.

Marvin711

I've never added a pic here...how do I do that?
I have pics of my 18 month old in the Volo - if that is even something you want to see? We really like it, it doesn't have the reclining seatback as it is their bottom level stroller, but it isn't a stroller we use everyday so that hasn't been a big issue.

noahsmom24

Thank you!!! :) Looks like there would be a lot of room for my son to grow in a Mac! You LO's are ADORABLE!! :)

Marvin - If you scroll down there is a button that says manage attachments, you just click on that, a screen will pop up, Hit the bowse buttons and make your picture selection from your computer, then click upload and then your done. From there it will already be connected with your message so once your done typing you just press send and it will be connected, you can do preview post to make sure everything looks fine to you. :)

aclayton74

I bought my Maclaren from the same seller and the transaction was flawless. Do not buy from another seller which is Maxoty they open the box and take all the stickers off of the stroller (DOM, Serial number, etc) they say they provide their own warranty. You can't register your stroller. Good Luck

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Another thumbs up for this seller. They're also:
http://www.babye-store.com
Sometimes their prices do differ a little between eBay and the website, although they're usually pretty close. I've bought at least 10 strollers from them, and they're located about 2mi from Maclaren's HQ in Connecticut.

-Nicole.

2BunniesMommy

Not sure if you are interested but, I wanted to show you my kids in a Britax Blink. Here's a link to that post. http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=109536 My 4 year old is about the same size as your son. Actually he weighs more, but should still give you a good idea. Just wanted to throw it out there since it is $99.99 on diaper.com (exp. today) and on Albeebaby.com for I don't know how long.

ETA: and here's a post comparing it to Maclarens.

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?p=1100345

Last edited:

noahsmom24

Thank you so much! I have also been VERY interested in the Blink from the get go in looking for new strollers, But I read that one person was 5'2" & it was to tall for her? Went up to her boobs? Did anyone else have this problem?
And I'm so glad to hear that this seller seems to be a good one as well, I messaged him to see how many were left as I was trying to make my decision lol & he said many are left, so yay! :)
I really do like the blinks though, and they are more affordable but in this case it isn't a HUGE difference, so. I really like the Canopys on the Blinks though. So has anyone else that is SHORT have a steering/height problem?

& 2BunniesMommy - My 2yr old is the same height as Libby and has 2lbs on her, do you think the Britax blink would be Pointless for me to get expecting to get 1more years use out of it or more? I'm going to be happy with just ONE more year lol

noahsmom24

Also, How do Maclarens & the Britax Blink Stroll over say grass/rocks/bumpy ground? Are the wheels those LOUD plastic sounding wheels or...?

Thanks everyone, you are being such a big help!! :)

2BunniesMommy

Thank you so much! I have also been VERY interested in the Blink from the get go in looking for new strollers, But I read that one person was 5'2" & it was to tall for her? Went up to her boobs? Did anyone else have this problem?
And I'm so glad to hear that this seller seems to be a good one as well, I messaged him to see how many were left as I was trying to make my decision lol & he said many are left, so yay! :)
I really do like the blinks though, and they are more affordable but in this case it isn't a HUGE difference, so. I really like the Canopys on the Blinks though. So has anyone else that is SHORT have a steering/height problem?

& 2BunniesMommy - My 2yr old is the same height as Libby and has 2lbs on her, do you think the Britax blink would be Pointless for me to get expecting to get 1more years use out of it or more? I'm going to be happy with just ONE more year lol

I am 5'4" and it is comfortable to me so far. I haven't really used it yet, just down my driveway, across the street to the mailbox and back. Our street is not in good repair and I don't remember any noise there, but I don't know about other terrain. I got it for Allison because she is looking so cramped in our Combi which Libby used just fine until age 2 when she decided it was time to walk everywhere. Since it is supposed to be big enough for Libby, I had to try her in it. She looks to have a good amount of room to grow and says it is very comfortable. If you would like I can get pics of her in it without the canopy so you can see better how much room she has.

noahsmom24

2bunniesmommy - That would be GREAT!! My son and libby are about the same so it would be great to see! I've been everywhere looking for pictures, I got on youtube and they have video reviews for any stroller you are interested in which is nice!
I got on hipmonkey.com as suggested & found the blink & the regent for $308, I used some coupon codes and got it down to $279!!! So I might just be ordering both this evening, I'm just trying to decide if the blink will be worth the money. Like I said I'd love to get another years worth out of a stroller at least! I have no idea how he is going to grow lol I hope he slows down though!! lol

Thanks!!:)

2BunniesMommy

Would sure be great to predict how fast kids will grow! I am sure Libby would be fine in it a year from now, but her growth has really slowed down. Noah...he may or may not, but I will get some pics to show you how much extra room Libby has. She is asleep right now, but I will toss her in when she gets up. She will be happy to play along, pjs and all!

noahsmom24

As you can see I'm spoiled with my stroller lol Even though it pulls to the right all the time & is bulky I'd keep using it if he still fit in it. He still fits now but his head touches the frame if he tries to move back but he can still use it fine laying down, but how much is my 27month old going to be laying down? lol
I love this stroller though, great canopy, great ride when it didn't pull right, Amazing storage all over the place, it has speakers and you can plug your ipod into it "I actually used this feature for walks", full recline etc,.. I emailed Jeep about the pulling right and asked what I could do about it or if they had any other trouble with this sort of thing and with no reply.. ugh :mad: But I;m going for a new one anyway so I'm not worried about it.

((Excuse my sons hair, he needs a hair cut badly & I just took his hood off!! Dh wont let me lol He has a little bit of a receeding hair line at a young age "dh NOT noah lol My husband is 26" and tells me we should leave his hair while he has it..) :p hes jealous ;)

DSCF4539.jpg

DSCF4541.jpg

DSCF4542.jpg

mom2kk

Also, How do Maclarens & the Britax Blink Stroll over say grass/rocks/bumpy ground? Are the wheels those LOUD plastic sounding wheels or...?

Thanks everyone, you are being such a big help!! :)

The MacLaren does quite well on rouch/grassy surfaces, in my experience. The one time I had problems with it we were walking in a field that was muddy, and everybody's stroller was having problems.

The wheels are not loud and annoying! I love how it folds up so compactly, had a travel system stroller and it took up most of my sedan's trunk.

I discovered something that may be helpful to you or others is when we were travelling, my Cosco Scenera fits perfectly in the seat of the MacLaren. I was using a Travelling Baby Strap ( [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Traveling-Toddler-Seat-Travel-Accessory/dp/B000JHN3AS"]Amazon.com: Traveling Toddler Car Seat Travel Accessory: Baby[/ame] ) to strap the Scenera to a suitcase, but after discovering it fit inside the MacLaren's seat I used the traveller strap to attach it on tight to the MacLaren. Made my own travel system, without as much bulk.

2BunniesMommy

I am pretty sure your Jeep stroller is the one I was considering. It looks a lot like the one I was looking at at Kmart for $109.
Anyway, here's more pics of Libby in the Blink.
2zs75sj.jpg

2ziyfj4.jpg

157ojyd.jpg

I would say it is very iffy on how long Noah would fit.

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

We have that exact Maclaren classic. We took our extra seat pad off and just use the stroller seat alone. DD hated it and it kept sliding down every time she climbed in. It's our travel stroller. We like it.

noahsmom24

2BunniesMommy - I looked at these pics last night and responded wonder why my post isn't showing up. :( Sorry.
Thank you so much for the Pictures!!! I love libbys Pj's lol! You can definitely tell she's just gotten up.

But back to topic, hmm I think getting the blink would be a waste of time, Sadly...I really wanted one. :(
Thanks so much for the help, I guess I'm just going to keep researching strollers.

2BunniesMommy

Wonder where your first reply went? Bugs me when that happens! Oh yeah, she was straight out of bed. I love her pjs too! I have always gotten her pjs on clearance at the end of the season, boys or girls..I don't care! She doesn't care either and I always think the boy ones look extra cute on her!

Yeah, was thinking she had more room but as soon as I really looked I was thinking there was no way I would by the Blink for a kiddo her size, esp one at an age where they are still growing faster than she is. Sorry it won't work out for you, but I am glad that I was able to save you the trouble of having to send one back.

luvsviola

I have a Triumph and a Techno. My opinion on the Techno is that it is really heavy for an umbrella. I find myself over and over using the Triumph because it is so much lighter in and out of the car. If I had it to do over, I would not have bought the Techno, but instead would have gotten a Quest.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC