If you have a MR w/2 slotted infant insert

ZephyrBlue

would you do me a favor and check the manual to see if it says that the infant body support is only to be used when the harness is in the bottom seat slots? thanks so much!!!

ADS

jujumum

Yes, only for the 2 bottom slots. It says on page 48 of mine:

WARNING
To prevent ejection in sudden stop or crash:

- Always make sure sholder straps are threaded throught slots and properly positioned on shoulders.

- Never allow body support to bunch or fold behind child.

- Use body support with bottom 2 sets of harness slots only.

ZephyrBlue

Thanks :thumbsup: Jujumum, would you mind telling me what page it says that on. I'm calling Graco back.

I called and spoke with a CSR yesterday who argued w/me that the manuals ALL say to use the infant body support with the bottom harness slots only. She was very rude and said that if there had been changes to the manual that she would have had them long before a customer had even seen them :rolleyes: and that she didn't know where I was getting my information, but that the 2 slotted insert was only to be used with the bottom harness slots only.

If you call to Graco and get Daniella, hang up and try again :thumbsdown:

NannyMom

Thanks :thumbsup: Jujumum, would you mind telling me what page it says that on. I'm calling Graco back.

I called and spoke with a CSR yesterday who argued w/me that the manuals ALL say to use the infant body support with the bottom harness slots only. She was very rude and said that if there had been changes to the manual that she would have had them long before a customer had even seen them :rolleyes: and that she didn't know where I was getting my information, but that the 2 slotted insert was only to be used with the bottom harness slots only.

If you call to Graco and get Daniella, hang up and try again :thumbsdown:

More helpful info would be the date on the new manual.

jujumum

Page 48. Manual dated 7/09, #1762163, PD117812A. The seat is a Deco and DOM is 11/08/09.

I just so happened to have purchased a Flair MR this week with the one slot cover. It's manual is dated 3/09, #1757413, PD111273A. It says on page 48:

WARNING
To prevent ejection in sudden stop or crash:

- Always make sure sholder straps are threaded through slots and properly positioned on shoulders.

- Never allow body support to bunch or fold behind child.

- Use body support with bottom harness slots only.

BTW, neither of the #s match the seat Model #s.:?:

I called one time and got someone useless about a ripped cover. An hour later I called back and the woman was chomping at the bit to send me a new one. I wish I got her name.

Last edited:

ZephyrBlue

I know, it's weird. I called last week to order an insert- found out that the Flair cover is being discontinued, and mentioned to the CSR that our Flair cover had a hole by the elastic. She couldn't offer to send a replacement fast enough- AND sent it Fed-Ex next day! The lady I spoke with yesterday was really rude and condescending.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC