Someone stole one of our display car seats!

TheNimpsGirl

So everyone at work knows I'm "weird" about car seats and they have accepted that. I mess with the displays, fix the straps, fix the fact tags, make sure the prices are up, etc every time I go in. Well I went into work the other day and noticed that one of our snugrides that snaps into a stroller was missing. I thought perhaps it was with another stroller or it was taken off the floor for some reason but that didn't happen to be the case at all. Nope. It's just plain stolen. When I told our store manager she sighs and says she'll look into it.

I'm trying to find the good in this, that at least some baby has a seat now that was probably a lap baby before but considering how it didn't have it's base or manual I'm thinking the baby is only a smidgin better off :( Serouisly though, if someone needed a seat that badly we have resources in my town or heck, I would have bought them a seat myself (I'm very serouis about that too).

The worst part is now every time I see the mulberry infant seat around town I'll wonder if it's our display. On a side note, I would have stolen the Eddie Bauer one in all it's ugly glory cause at least that one's an upfront adjuster.

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
One of our Targets runs high-test wire through the stroller and car seat displays, I guess they had a problem with that. :eek: So you can't get the seats down to play with them at that store.

Cryssy Jane

One of our Targets runs high-test wire through the stroller and car seat displays, I guess they had a problem with that. :eek: So you can't get the seats down to play with them at that store.

our targets and walmarts do this true. It drives me insane when I have the need to play.

noahsmom24

What a Bummer! At least you are finding the good in it being stolen, I know I'd be feeling the same way. It was probably easy to do so, Just put the car seat in the cart put baby in and off they go. or something like that.
I do find it sad that their are so many resources out there for help when people need it for themselves or their kids and people would rather steal than ask for it. But once again lets stay humble and think at least now a baby has possibly gotten themselves a car seat, possibly something they hadn't had or at least maybe something better?

swtgi1982

Trust me I know all about this happened left and right when I worked at wal-mart. People brought a baby in in their arms put the seat in their car stuck kiddo in and walked out. We averaged say three to four if not more a month. Until they put security tags under the pads in the displays in hard to find spots, trust me I placed a lot of them! I had a hard time getting them in, good luck to those suckers finding them!:whistle:

But yea most of ours were stolen and then sold black market! We finally caught the suckers in the act, but they were never caught good enough to do anything. But we knew who they were and watched them like a hawk every time they came in!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC