Gues I was wrong about the babiesrus by me having a carseat tech.

remken

I was in there today and two of the sales associates was showing a couple a graco lbb for their 2 yr.old son. Who at the most looked like he might weigh 30pds. Probably less though and a few inches shorter than my son who is 40" tall. Plus they were showing them how cool an aftermarket seatbelt positioner would be great to go with the seat.

I tried to tell the parents that their son was to young for something like that and was told by the dad to mind my own business.

ADS

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Deep breaths....

You could write the store manager, explaining how dangerous the sales person's "advice" is for the child!

skaterbabs

fwiw, BRU corporate will not allow any BRU to hire a CPST. They claim it's too much liability. :confused:

In fact, if someone who is a tech gets hired and management finds out they're certified, they'll be fired.

remken

Thats what I thought also.

But then I went to the page where you can look up car seat techs in your area and there were 2 listed at babiesrus. I can't find the link in my favorites now though.

remken

I found the website and now when I put in my zip code theres only one listed now. When before there was around 7.

I agree they were probably fired though.

beebear23

Senior Community Member
fwiw, BRU corporate will not allow any BRU to hire a CPST. They claim it's too much liability. :confused:

In fact, if someone who is a tech gets hired and management finds out they're certified, they'll be fired.

That's interesting b/c I was talking to the manager of a BRU today and she knew I was a cpst and sounded interested in hiring me. They are hiring right now..

spokaneCPST

CPST Instructor
OP - If you are talking about the Spokane BRU, they do indeed have 2 certified techs. BRU paid for them to go through the class. Unfortunately, the rest of the staff at that store are IDIOTS about carseats!! If I can have your permission, I will forward your post to the tech in charge at that store and have her hopefully deal with the situation.

I know I've heard before about BRU not hiring techs or firing people for being techs, but when that store opened, they sent 2 employees to become certified. And they still work there!

I am less than 10 minutes from BRU if you ever need any help.
Renee

mominabigtruck

I wonder how it is a liability issue to have trained techs there giving out correct info, but its not a liability to have teenagers working there selling 2 year olds boosters?

Splash

The same reason an observer can help at a car crash and nothing happens, but if a doctor helps, he gets sued. Some states have good samaritan laws to protect people that do that, but many states don't, and it doesn't always apply to doctors either.

Person- I listened to BRU salesguy and now my child is paralyzed/dead

Lawyer for BRU- You should not have listened to someone whose sole objective was to sell you something. You should have researched on your own.

Case closed.

Change that scenario to a CPS tech, someone who was giving PROFESSIONAL advice and claiming to be an expert, and the parent has a case.

If I let the receptionist at my doctor's office diagnose me with something, and she's wrong, it's my fault for trusting a receptionist to give me medical advice. If I ask my doctor, and he's wrong, it's the doctor's fault.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I wonder how it is a liability issue to have trained techs there giving out correct info, but its not a liability to have teenagers working there selling 2 year olds boosters?

Exactly! Especially since all boosters I've seen (Graco anyways) list 3 as the minimum age, I've seen 4 before on the Safeseat 3 boxes.

mominabigtruck

All I know is my dh hates to go to bru in Dayton with me because inevitably I end up overhearing someone about to do or buy something stupid and I end up having talks with them while he has to watch the kids and I've got my measuring tape out measuring kids and carseats. It just makes me so mad because the idiot kids they have working there on the weekends when I go have absolutely no idea about carseat safety and I'm sure the only seats they ever sell there are comfortsports, snugrides, and AOE because that's they only seats I see them telling people anything about probably because that's the only seats people ask about. If someone asks my opinion about a seat I will certainly tell them but I would also give them other options if I don't think they're going in the right direction.

spokaneCPST

CPST Instructor
Remken - if you look up 99208, there are 2 listed - one is BRU, the other one is me. The other BRU guy has his zip code listed wrong and only shows up if you search all of Spokane.

I will forward your information to my contact there and hopefully she can at least give their salespeople yet another lesson in the basics of carseat safety.

Renee

Haileys_mommy

UGH!! we often go to BRU in Spokane sence we dont have anything here in Moses Lake, and that would totally make me mad. Don't you think that if you have a child you are more than likely going to give GOOD advice to another parent reguarding a childs health and well being. I myself know that i would rather have someone that is a parent help me decide what i would want for my child than someone who is trying to make their store money, which is really sad when it comes to a child health and well being. i'm sorry you had to deal with rude people.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC