Graco Cleo?

Has anyone played wth or even better- owned this stroller?

I found it for $79 which isn't half bad if it's a decent stroller. I read some great reviews and it seems 99% of people love it and the only complaint is opening and closing it which I can deal with if it functions nicely in every other way.

I hate that the P3 has no parent tray and the cup holder sucks and has eventually snapped off of all the ones I've used in the past- or nothing fit in it. Of course the P3 is pricey considering I will likely be bored of whatever I buy after a few months.

We have an Ipo for my sis which we love for what it is but the canopy is really pointless and won't cut it in the Florida summer or for long days out. I'm looking for something for the spring summer for when I take her to Disney etc. It has to have a good canopy and recline. I hate Maclarens and all other umbrella style strollers in general for the parks....I want something with more to it in the way of trays, comfort and canopy wise but not huge and bulky....do I make any sense at all? :confused:

I am interested in this Cleo stroller at such a good price. I know it's still $80 but those cheapo Gracos at Target start at $89 so it's a pretty decent price in my opinion.

ADS

Brycen'sMommy

I have a Cleo. While there are some things that I love about the stroller there are some things that bother me too.

-Awesome canopy. It pulls down nearly to the child tray and has great coverage.
-Parent cup holders
-Child tray that is completely removable
-Decent sized basket that isn't too hard to access
-Decent recline and comfy
-Easy to fold. Opening it is more of a pain but it isn't hard once you get the hang of it and it doesn't bother me now.
-Is compact and lightweight when folded yet still has all the features of a full size stroller
-Holds a car seat

Dislikes:
-The seat does not sit fully upright. It is always slightly reclined and my DD is always leaning forward to see out.
-The seat back is pretty short. My DD is 21 months and tall for her age and her head is at the top of the seat and she probably won't last much longer height wise.
-It has the worst steering of any stroller I have owned (and I've owned quite a few including cheap Gracos). I am starting to wonder if my stroller is defective. One of the wheels always sticks sideways and I can never turn the stroller easily. It's always a fight. I much prefer my Maclaren umbrella now that my DD is older and doesn't need as much support or recline. But I know what you mean when you want a stroller with more features. That's why I bought the Cleo in the first place. I'm now thinking of getting rid of the Cleo and saving up for a P3 because I love the style of stroller but I hate the steering.

If you have any questions or would like pictures I would be happy to post them. :)

Last edited:
Thank you so much for taking time to list your likes and dislikes...it's very helpful.

The other reviews did say that it steered well so maybe there is something up with yours...I don't think there's any store that carries it around here so it's hard to purchase without seeing it but at the price...I won't really hurt any if I resell it after a few months. I'm not crazy about the P3 and I will certainly lose money reselling it so I'm thinking the Cleo may be a good choice for what I need. I am as bad with strollers as everyone on here is with seats...I use them a lot but I don't keep them all that long, I get bored :whistle:

If you have pictures that would be AWESOME! I have only seen low resolution stock pictures which don't show a whole lot. I am very interested in seeing the texture of the fabric and the canopy/basket/recline...does the footrest flip up? Thanks so much!

MoreLatte

I'd say spend another $100 or so and get a Baby Jogger City Classic or Elite:whistle: Really, they are worth every penny. The canopy is awesome, it has a really tall seat and folds compact. Steers like a dream. I bought a Sunshine Kids Buggy Buddy parent console and its great. I use it mainly for my 3yr old, but my 6yr old occasionally rides in it.

Seriously, I have a Mac, P3, and Pliko lite currently and the BJCC always seems to be my go-to stroller whether its just for errands or a trip to the zoo. And it would have great resale value if you get bored and decide to sell it later. Just my :twocents:

Thanks Morelatte but I drive a Beetle...BabyJogger is out of the question. The P3 and other unbrella style folds I can throw in the front seat- I gave up looking for something that will go in the trunk...the only thing that fits is the Peg Perego Aria handle bar first, upside down and with some light force... I hated that stroller so much, piece of garbage. The only decent thing abut it was the canopy coming down to the tray, it handled so badly and was flimsy. I bought an Ipo because I was so desperate for anything other than the Aria but the Ipo will not cut it in the summer for all the long days we do. That's how I came to the conclusion that something along the lines of a P3 will meet the need and fit. My mom is likely ordering a P3 anyways but I still need something for my car for my sis and the other kids I watch.

I'm not crazy about the P3 but I am now thinking about getting that instead since I found some for $180 and although mostly useless...the back step can be good for the older kids I watch to jump on pushing through crowds and huge never ending Disney parking lots...

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
If you love your Ipo, and your only real complaint is the canopy, why don't you just add a Protect-a-Bub to it? That's what I did to my Ipo and it is fabulous. :)

I have the Beetle convertible and I had a regular beetle before this...I didn't think it were possible for the convertible trunk to be all that much smaller but there is a huge difference. When I had the regular Beetle I could even get a Metrolite in the trunk and the convertible only the Aria fits. I haven't tried the Citi Mini in my car...the last thing I tried was a Combi and that didn't even fit! Since then I've stopped thinking about the trunk. There's a store called Macro Baby that carries it...I'll stop by nd try it. It would be great if it fits as I do like the way it handles...The only thing I hate is that it doesn't have a parent tray...I have a Sunshine Kids parent console that I bought for the Ipo that I might be able to use with the Mini? The canopy on the Mini is dreamy and they make it in a cream color to match my car :)

Patriot201- we used the Ipo on out Boston trip and my mom has since adopted it! I do love it for taking Olivia to the doctors office and to run into a store but it still isn't great for the long days out really...she won't sleep as well in it as a more substantial stroller. I bought it with the intention of looking for someting else....just wanted to get rid of the Aria and own something I could steer :whistle:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC