Frontier Complaint

tl01

DS has ridden in his Frontier for a few months and hasn't complained until recently. All of a sudden after about 5 minutes in the seat, he has started complaining that his back hurts. He's about 42 inches tall and 40 lbs. I haven't adjusted the crotch strap since he started using it but I wonder if putting it on the inner most notch would help. He hasn't lost weight but maybe he's taller now and so he's needing the strap moved back. Does that sound nuts? Anyone else have this complaint?

ADS

Mommy0608

Have you reinstalled the seat lately? Just wondering if maybe the LATCH strap or something is bunched up behind the seat cover. It's a long shot, but it might be worth checking to make sure that nothing is out of place.

To answer your question though, we've had no complaints here. DD is about the same height as your DS (but 10lbs lighter) and she loves her seat. On long rides or rides during nap/late nights, she easily falls asleep and seems very comfy.

Can you ask him to be more specific about what hurts and where?

steph_s

Put something light weight (don't want it to become a projectile) on the floor in front of him to support his feet. I'm willing to bet this is the problem! He was probably sitting just right and his legs dangling made his back strain. I have one of those styrofoam coolers in my car that my ff munchkins put their feet up on. I just had to shave it down a bit so it wasn't as high and it works perfectly (well until someone steps on it with all their weight) to support their legs.

This happened with the Frontier with my friends dd at about the same size as your child. She swapped the Frontier for her Regent and then went back to it about 8-9 months later and hasn't had another complaint since. I personally think it was just the way the child was sitting in the seat and being at just the right size for the legs to feel a bit heavier along with the shape of the seat.

Mommy0608

Hmm, I don't know. The Frontier is pretty deep... my super long-legged DD's legs (size 4 jeans are almost too short) don't even bend over the end of the Frontier. She sometimes even crosses her legs in the seat because there's plenty of room.

It's possible though, and probably worth investigating.

tl01

I agree... his feet don't really dangle of the seat yet. I did move the crotch strap back a notch to see if that helped and he didn't complain.

New question.... when I put him in the seat and REALLY push his bottom against the back of the seat over and over again then he should be on the most innermost slot but just barely. Once he settle into the seat it looks as though the slot is behind him. I wonder if this is a safety or comfort issue. He seems to feel more comfortable in this position.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC