Dvd player headrest or mouted on the roof of the car

mburks26

Right now my dd is in the center harnessed GN we have a dvd player radio that is installed in the dash of our truck F 150 Ford 2003.
Thinking booster time in a few years are the dvd players that can be installed in the head rest ok to use or would it be better to get one that is intalled on the roof like most vans suvs have? Would outboard seats be able to see if installed in the center of the roof?

ADS

mrs_teeee67

I have 'no advice' regarding safety. I DO however know that I drive my babysitting kids' mom's Suburban and it has a 'middle of the roof between front seats' DVD player and no kids have complained of inability to see. I've hauled a couple teenagers, the 6, 4 and 2 year old at the same time and apparently everyone was 'good'

HTH

I have a 99 Dodge Grand Caravan with a celing mounted 12" DVD player and my daughter who is almost 8 loves it of course. And Evan who is RF'ing in his MR in the other captains chair cant really see the DVD movies playing but I have one of those car seat mirrors on the seat and they way it is angled, he can see the movies playing. Not that I made it to be that way though.

Regarding safety. IMHO I think the ceiling mounted ones are safer because when they intall the DVD they remove the light thats up on the celing and replace it with the DVD player and it is firmly mounted in the roof of the car. And the headrest ones IMHO again, are only held on by straps. Unless you are thinking of the headrest ones that are mounted into the actual headrest, then I guess it would be of personal choice.

ginny4

i would think safety wise the ceiling mounted ones are safer. HOWEVER we had gotten dual DVD player for christmas. i mounted them (not permantantly) on the headrests for a trip. i usued several zip ties to secure it. those things weren't going anywhere. one of them went in the 2nd row driver side & the other in the 3rd row driver side as well. they connect together with wires everywhere LOL but we made it work at least for temporary measures. i have 4 kids all outboard & ALL of them were able to see & hear the movie just fine.

personal take on eletronics....that any removable electronics should be taken out of car whenever possible the extreme heat or cold can shorten their lifespan considerably. so after that trip we uninstalled & will redo with any future worthwhile trips.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC