can someone tell me the height of the top slot on the the MR?

horseymom

I'm trying to decide if I should get DS one or just be happy with his TF. He's right at 30 lbs now I'm not sure if he will need a 40lb weight limit at all.

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
16". However, what's more important for rear facing is the shell height, and I think the My Ride is about three or four inches shorter than the TF.

Wendy

tl01

I'm trying to decide if I should get DS one or just be happy with his TF. He's right at 30 lbs now I'm not sure if he will need a 40lb weight limit at all.

If you already have the TF... I'd just be happy with it for now. If he has a weight growth spurt then I'd consider getting the MR. (unless of course you are itching for a new seat:)

horseymom

If you already have the TF... I'd just be happy with it for now. If he has a weight growth spurt then I'd consider getting the MR. (unless of course you are itching for a new seat:)

I do love the TF and he is still on the second slots, but it is always fun to get a new seat KWIM:whistle:

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
My DD is a couple months older than your DS and if she was only 30#, I would have just kept the TF. But, she was 33# with light clothing, then add winter pants, toque, mittens, neck warmer and Stonz booties, she was close enough to 35# that I didn't want to have to worry if she gained more so I went with the MR which she has 2" of growing room in (3" above head). She had 3.75" growing room left in the TF, 4.75" above head.

Oh, and DD was on the 3rd slot in the TF for RF, she's on the 4th slot RF in the MR. If your DS is on the 2nd slot in the TF, sounds like he'd have more room in the MR than DD does, so if you're wanting a new seat, go for it!

horseymom

My DD is a couple months older than your DS and if she was only 30#, I would have just kept the TF. But, she was 33# with light clothing, then add winter pants, toque, mittens, neck warmer and Stonz booties, she was close enough to 35# that I didn't want to have to worry if she gained more so I went with the MR which she has 2" of growing room in (3" above head). She had 3.75" growing room left in the TF, 4.75" above head.

Oh, and DD was on the 3rd slot in the TF for RF, she's on the 4th slot RF in the MR. If your DS is on the 2nd slot in the TF, sounds like he'd have more room in the MR than DD does, so if you're wanting a new seat, go for it!

I should really weigh him with winter clothes on. he dosen't wear boots in the truck so it shouldn't add too too much more weight. BUT I don't like spiral I would rather get the edgemont dots but I haven't seen it here yet. It's supposed to be in Walmart, right?

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I should really weigh him with winter clothes on. he dosen't wear boots in the truck so it shouldn't add too too much more weight. BUT I don't like spiral I would rather get the edgemont dots but I haven't seen it here yet. It's supposed to be in Walmart, right?
Yup, a couple Canadians here have seen the Edgemont Dots at their Wal-Marts.

DD doesn't wear her heavy boots either, she just wears Stonz booties in her seat. Too cold to go without anything although it's super hard to convince her to keep the booties and her socks on! I was unsure of what my dad did with boots in his vehicle though, and I didn't want to have to instruct him on what she had to wear to keep weight down, so it made sense for me to get a MR for them. Then, DD liked it so much we got one for our vehicle too (and it took away me having to check weight this winter!).

horseymom

Very reclined

how reclined? anyone have a pics? like uncomfortable reclined? recline is good, no?:shrug-shoulders:
if I do buy this seat I will have to use it FFing. no way DH would let me buy yet another one for DS as I'll be buying a booster in the spring for DD

armywife12

I love the MyRide but my son is already 35lbs at 28 months old so we need the extra weight limit. If you don't need it, I wouldn't get the seat. I've measured the top slots to be close to 17 inches but the shell is a good 3 inches shorter than the TF. My son is tall and has a torso of 14.5 inches but still has around 2.5-3 inches of shell above his head in the MyRide. He has about 4-5 inches of shell above his head in the TF. I've used the Myride forward facing once and it was reclined (ball stayed in the green area on level for rear facing) but my son didn't seem to mind it. I think it would be fine for toddlers and younger children but I'm not sure how much a 5 yr old would like being that reclined. For a forward facing only seat, I would not get the MyRide. I'd rather a Nautilus or even the new Evenflo Maestro.

Shaunam

It's pretty reclined, but you can force it more upright. My DS doesn't seem uncomfortable at all. He thinks the seat is very comfy. :)

Sorry, no side shots, but I do have a couple that sort of show the recline:

adrianmyride.jpg

1007091749a.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC