My Cloth Diaper Update

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
After the thread that was posted on here some time ago...I decided to check into cloth...and well, let's just say I've been converted! LOL I started with AIO and they worked pretty good. They were fine for day use...but naptime was another story (although I think I figured out the problem there), so I ordered some pockets and voila...success at naptime in a Happy Heiny pocket dipe!

I've always used sposies with my kids and never had a problem. Never noticed anything 'different' about them. Well, someone said sposies smell when the kids pee in them. I never noticed it because I guess I'm used to it. Well after trying cd for a week on my daycare boy, then putting him in a sposie to go home...I couldn't believe the smell in just an hour. WOW. With the cloth, I don't smell anything 'offensive', but in a sposie...I'm in awe at the difference. So, my little foster babies will be sporting cd, except to visitations...they will wear sposies.

As of today...here is my new stash! LOL I have ordered 30 dipes (total) in small, med & large.

Already have:
10 small (2 Magic-All's AIO, 3 Swaddlebees pockets, 5 WAHM AIO)
9 medium (3 HH pockets, 6 WAHM AIO)
1 large (WAHM AIO)

Waiting on:
4 medium pockets (GADs...1 med, 3 med/long)
6 large Drybees pockets

So...to whoever started that thread and originally got me thinking about cloth...thank you! And to Lara...thanks for the link to the other board...as you can see...I have a shopping problem! LOL

Anyone else decide to convert?!

ADS

Lara

You're welcome ;). I figured you were getting addicted when you would post on the chit chat thread every time you ordered diapers lol (oh that reminds me..... I think we need a new one of those on cst.)

Have fun with them!

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
I'm also converted! In fact I'm a complete fanatic about it now and would NEVER EVER go back to sposies! I have about 25 dipes, all larges, a combo of Fuzzi Bunz, Happy Heiny's, Snap-EZ's, Hugga Buns, 1 Drybees, and 1 Swaddlebees. The Fuzzi Bunz and Snap-EZ's are my absolute favorites, which is not what I suspected - I really thought I would like the velcro better, but as it turns out I really love the snaps! I totally agree with the sposie smell issue - I can't believe how much I think they stink now and I never used to notice it! I have also converted my neighbor and very good friend to cloth for her 1 yr old! She loves them so much too and it cured her babe's horrible diaper rash! Yay!!!! :)

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
LOL, if you haven't noticed...I don't do anything 'half way'...it's all or nothing for me! Yes, I tend to go overboard...I figure I'll end up with over 40 dipes by the time it's all said and done. Just trying different styles to see what I really like.

Well gotta go to bed! TTYL!

scatterbunny

Awesome!!

I love our Fuzzi Bunz. Hayley wears them at night instead of the GoodNites. She leaked through GoodNites almost every night, and it was frustrating.

Two nights now with the Fuzzi Bunz and NO LEAKS!!

I am convinced on pocket dipes, the are so easily customized for the individual child's needs.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC