Final decision Keyfit or SR, trying to decide again

american_mommy

So I had settled on the Keyfit 30 and now I don't know.
Let me explain it all. This is our 5th baby. Our 4th was small. Each of our other 3 got bigger but # 4 was small. I discussed things with my OB this week and he honestly believes there was other issues which caused Riley to be small. So he had an u/s done. I went at 33 wks 4 days and it said the baby looks great and estimated weight at just over 5 lbs. It is a boy. My first boy weighed 9 lbs 2 1/2 oz and was born at 38 wks by c-section. Boy # 2 was also born at 38 wks but was 6 lb 2 1/2 oz. This boy is scheduled for Feb 2 at 39 wks. I was worried it would be a small baby and now I am not as concerned about that. However, I have a Chicco Ct 0.1 stroller. With Riley I used the sling the majority of the time. But this baby is coming in winter and Riley was June. We also have a Baby Trend sit n stand plus(has a real seat in back too). I asked on here and someone told me the Keyfit fits but is very reclined in that. I doubt I will be going out much during Feb but once I do go out I will probably just be taking my dd to ballet on sat and when hockey for ds is over I will take only the baby and it would be nice to fit the seat in the chicco stroller. I guess that was the main reason I was leaning to the KF. Dh also liked the miro print over the print I picked for the SR. we can't try these out because no where near us has them. We may be travelling next week so I thought we could try to find a store with them but that might not happen either.
So I am once again so confused. I want the higher weight limit because I don't want to worry about putting another rf convertible next to ds. He is rf in a Marathon(he is 2 1/2 and weighs 25 lbs). I look for him to be rf well past his 3rd birthday at his current weight gain. we do have a decathlon that I am going to get dh to try out beside the MA. we have a minivan and for some reason the make is not coming to me! We bought it last Oct(08) and it has 3 seats in the middle. I haven't figured out seating yet for them. Figured we would decide that when baby is actually here and we know what works best.
So I know I have rambled on. Should I just stick with the keyfit? I need to order this seat asap. I only have a little over a month left!

ADS

godsgirl1

I personally love the Chicco. I have the 22lb seat that came with the Cortina system, but from what I've heard, the 30 is the very similar, it's the base that's different. Anyway...I love the seat, the stroller...everything. It doesn't fit in the snap'n'go strollers, and it doesn't fit on the seat of shopping carts, but it's unsafe to put a baby on top of a shopping cart anyway.

I don't know much about the SR except that they're very lightweight and small.

cookie123

If it looks like baby will be small, go with the Keyfit. We used it with a Baby Trend stroller frame. It didn't snap in, but fit down in nicely and feel tippy. There's a strap to secure it. It worked out well.

mykidsmylife

Keyfit for sure.. I struggled with this as well. In the end I sold my Snugride and got a Keyfit. I dont regret it AT ALL.
Although River hates being in the car seat and will not stay asleep in one, so come spring she will be moved to her Blvd.

KirasMommy

Senior Community Member
I have no experience with the KeyFit (yet, I just bought one for Baby #3 due in July), but I used a SafeSeat 1 for Leah. I compared them and the SafeSeat shell is about 2" taller than the KeyFit shell. From what I understand, the SafeSeat 1 and the SnugRide 35 are the pretty much the same seat. So the SnugRide will last you longer than the KeyFit.

Spam

The 22lb SR will not last longer. The SR35 (32, SS1) will last longer. I :love: the kf 30With A, I had a SS1 and liked it well enough. He was 8.10 at birth. The kf just feels more comfy and I love the miro :p That's what I'll be using in August :D

american_mommy

Looks like I am leaning towards the Keyfit 30 then! I hope we make it to a year with it with it being a little smaller than the SR, but since we do have the Decathlon its not a big deal. I am just not sure how the DC & MA will fit rf side by side in our van. I told dh I want him to get it out to just try to ease my worries :)
Now to order it and get ready for this baby! I have never been this late in getting ready for a baby. You'd think by #5 I would be a pro ;)

Tammy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC