What is your next purchase?

Joyofbirth

I'd love to know what you are planning to purchase next. I'd love to get that butterfly TrueFit from Wal-mart, but will not. I have what I need and I'm grateful. I'm just in love with that cover. I am probably going to start doing daycare for a friend and she will need to get something for my van. Probably a radian, if one actually fits. But that's not mine. So we probably won't make another car seat purchase until dd1 outgrows the Regent. I know a lot of people are planning to buy the radians sl. So what are you planning to buy next?

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Um, probably a combination seat in five or six years. Laine's True Fit will expire in 2/2016, but she'll probably have outgrown it by then. Our Radian (forward facing travel seat) will expire 3/2015, but after that I'll use the RSTV, so we're set there. Our rear facing travel seat will be retired before expired. Piper's in a Nautilus that'll expire when she's 13 in total (12/2015), so she'll probably be out of it by then anyway. I may need to buy a backless when her Parkway expires (11/11) since I can't remember when my High Rise expires, but it would be no later than 2015, and probably 2014. Piper will be 12 then, so she may not need. So it seems the only seat I'll need to buy is a combo for Laine, and if it's a harness/high back/no back like the Nautilus, then that'll be it for her perhaps. Maybe another booster for the secondary car.

Kind of sad, really. LOL But I don't buy every seat out there. I have what we need, not more. Though I admit, I do find some random "needs." LOL

Wendy

Qarin

We need one more booster seat, for either DH or MIL's car (MIL took our second booster seat and I haven't gotten back to her/she hasn't volunteered it back), so each of them can easily (without my intervention) take the kids, so eventually I'll go buy another high back Turbobooster; and since I'd like to keep a spare backless in my van, I'll probably get one of those (I was sure I was going to win the Amp from the contest yesterday, but nobody's emailed me yet :p ) since it's really better that DH have the boosters always available and not have to get anything out of my van.

Then eventually I hope to get more comfortable booster seats for my van (the kids' primary vehicle), when the kids are done with the harnessed seats they're in now.

I recently realized that I will probably never buy a harnessed carseat again; kind of a weird time to go get my technician certification, in a way.

emandbri

Not sure. Maybe a radian XTSL, Elizabeth was 38.5 lbs at the dr last week and her radian goes to 40 lbs.

I also want to see the cybex booster when it comes out.

urchin_grey

Well I just bought my sister a Radian 80SL a few hours ago, but for Bram, I'll be buying an XTSL within a few months as a travel seat. When I bought the TFP, I thought I'd have to just buy one more (combo) seat for him but his dad has decided to join the military so it looks like we will be doing some flying next year. And I don't think our TF will fit on a plane, so Radian it is.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
XTSL or 2 and possibly an 80SL if I only get one.

After that, probably a PWSG for Emma's 6th birthday (or a Turbo high back if she's not 40 lbs. then.)

After that, hopefully a TFP for the next baby, unless I decide to bring her home in something else-- unless I don't get pregnant again. But I'm pretty sure I will. :) And after that, probably a Coccoro as a "want" seat for the new baby.

Raegansmom4

I'd love a Radian SL - probably the 80 SL - as dd2 is a superchunk, but if she can make it to at least a tad over 3 rf in her MR, I may not. My kids are heavy and gain weight fast, so the 5 lbs more of the Radian SL will probably get less than a year more rfing. Of course, dh just accepted a new job w/ a pay increase of a bit over 10%, so maybe we could swing a Radian SL later!!

karlatta

Either a Nautilus or a Evenflo Maestro. Both will be purchased within the next 3 months or so.

I'll need a Nauti as soon as DS1 outgrows the Titan FF, which could be any day now. I also am going to get an Evenflo Maestro for DH's car (a backup seat so that he can take two kids in his car once #4 is here). I don't know which will happen first.

swtgi1982

Next will probably be another CA or XTSL when DS1 outgrows his scenera (probably in the spring). If I get the CA it will be for him, but if I get the XTSL it will be because DD is nearing 40lbs mark on her CA ERFing, then I will pass that to DS1 and get her the XTSL. Yes she is almost four but she loves RF and be it my luck. She will stay that way until either she no longer can or no longer likes it past 4 yrs.

zactayaus

I'm pretty much set for now. Just got DS3 his second MA for my truck. I guess when our comfort sport (back up seat sitting in closet) expires in about a year I'll by another lighter weight inexpensive seat to hang out in the closet as a back up. Maybe the titan sport (love the look of the black/red one).

Our turbos will both expire in 2011 (these are DD's seats). DS2 will be 8 then and more than likely out of the frontier and GN harness. I'm not sure how I feel about either one of these seats as a booster so I may have to buy new seats then, not to mention DS3 may need those seats at that time. We'll just have to wait and see how everyone grows and what really cool new seats are out in another year or two.:)

Last edited:

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
Probably a backless of some sort (leaning more towards the Harmony end of the spectrum and not the olli) -- I like to keep one in the trunk for carpool and extra-kid situations (and most of my extra kids are around age eight). I've been using the bottom of a Nauti, but budget and logic suggest that I should put the Nauti back together and sell it.

amylynne01

I'm buying a new seat once my younger DD outgrows the SS1. I think she'll be in it until at least May because she's a peanut. We'll need one more seat so each girl can have a seat in both cars. Now what we're buying is really the question. I want a MyRide for my older DD so she can RF to 40lbs in both cars, but last time I checked (in October-ish), she had less than 2 inches to grow. So if she doesn't fit in that, then it will be a Nautilus.

AtTheSouthDam

An Olli, in Juilis Heart Skurvy, assuming they are actually released on time :p
I just have to figure out where it is going as she is outgrowing the TB rapidly.

oxeye

Well, I have preordered a Pink Sky Parkway SG for DD1 but won't have it for awhile. The next one after that will probably be a Coccoro for my new niece.

NVMBR02

A booster for dd in Dh's car. Right now I am thinking a Parkway SG. It wont be until spring though.

We will also likely get a booster for her in my car as well, we will wait to see if we are going to buy a new car before buying the seat though.

Mommy2Marcus

I may be buying a new seat for Marcus for my MIL's car. She has the MA in there & it is just to big of a seat for him in her car. She hates it. I am thinking the Maestro or the Generations 65, but am unsure right now.

I will also be needing to purchase a infant seat soon hopefully. I am TTC, so as soon as I do I will be looking into infant seats. Not sure what will come first, the new seat for Marcus or an infant seat.

nmb

Probably a Nautilus.... unless another combo seat comes out before we need one. I had thought we'd be able to go to a booster after the Radian, but he's got such a long torso, I'm not sure he'll be old enough for one.

fyrfightermomma

A Vivo to start booster training E this summer

And something that performs well FFing without a tether for when S goes forward facing soon since the spot she'll go to doesn't have a tether and can't be retrofitted. Probably a GN or maybe a regular Radian since she's too squished in an XT.

And maybe just maybe if Recaro ever comes out with another HWH seat like they *may* I'll get that :) S can't use the YS really cause she'll be 35-40 lbs when she's done RFing.

armywife12

We will be TTC when hubby comes home on leave sometime in June-ish and I'm really considering a Coccoro for that one even though I know it won't last long. I'm hoping for a petite girl though...lol. I've been considering the 80SL or XTSL for my 28 month old but I don't really need it. He is 35lbs, 38.5 inches tall and has a torso of 14.5 inches. He's riding rear facing in a MyRide with about 1.5-2 inches of growing room left. I just love the look of the Radians...lol. I'll most likely get a Maestro for my MIL's vehicle down in Naples since we travel there often and I hate the current Evenflo she has in there now.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC