Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ambassador - CPS Technician CTPDMom's Avatar

Re: How do you find out when the Target 75% off toys will be?

That stinks! I saw a Power Miners Lego set the other day at 30%. And I thought of you...LOL. Can your MIL or other relatives keep looking for you??
    CPST - Special Needs Trained

The things you take for granted, someone else is praying for.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    I'm going to check my Target tomorrow when I have the car.
    Do they put all the clearanced stuff together or does it stay in it's normal spot with a clearance sticker on it?
    The Fort Union Target had 3 aisles of clearance toys on Saturday evening and they were 50% off. I really didn't find anything we wanted, though.
    Daniele
    dd1 born/died 4/30/03
    ds1 11yo and 5 stepping it
    dd2 8yo and riding in a Parkway SGL
    ds2 4yo and riding in a Frontier CT and a Tranzitions

Quote Originally Posted by daniele_ut View Post
    The Fort Union Target had 3 aisles of clearance toys on Saturday evening and they were 50% off. I really didn't find anything we wanted, though.
    I'm not close to that one anymore. We used to live about 5 minutes away, plus with the Sandy, Taylorsville, and Jordan Landing Targets I used to be able to check a lot! I checked the Layton store today. They had 2 aisles and several end caps of toys that were 50% off, some 30%. There are a few things that look cool enough to get if they are still there when they go to 75%.

I did get some really cute little games though.
    Have you seen the mini cootie and break the ice games? They used to be in the stocking stuffer aisle, I think. They come in a little resealable pouch and have a few pieces. You can play the games "on the go". The cootie game has 6 bugs, in 3 pieces (head, torso, bum) and a big dice. You roll the dice and it tells you which piece you can get, or if you have to skip a turn or put one back. It's so easy for my kids to play alone. Anyway, I'm going to go back and get some more, they are only $.39! I didn't see a sign near them and they had no sticker, so I found out the price as I checked out, or I would have gotten more earlier. We were in a hurry to get to preschool so we only got the 2 games. I'm going back to that area to pick up dh from work anyway, so I'll go grab some more, for gifts or for when my kids break or lose pieces. At that price, why not? I'm going to check Target again on Thursday to see if the toys get marked down any more.
    Mom to:
    Hannah 11 Graco Connext, Abby 10 Graco Connext, Josh 7 Recaro Performance Booster, and Zach 2 1/2 Sunshine Kids Radian 80.

Did anyone find 75% on toys yesterday? Ours are all (I checked 4) still at 30/50%. So I'm guessing it will be next week. That fits, it's usually around the middle of the month.

I've picked up a few things, though, for birthdays that I know I will need throughout the year. Only 50% but they were things I'd be upset about missing out of if they were gone at 75% before I got to them.

Still 50% here. I'll be watching next week too.
    Mom to:
    Hannah 11 Graco Connext, Abby 10 Graco Connext, Josh 7 Recaro Performance Booster, and Zach 2 1/2 Sunshine Kids Radian 80.

Our Target is still at 30 or 50... but last night I scored an online return of a Littlest Pet Shop Day Care for $8! DD is going to be so excited!
    Anne, driving a '13 Odyssey and an '05 CRV

DD-Julia 9/04 (5 stepping now!)
    DS1-Luca 11/10 (Graco Wayz and Graco HB Turbobooster)
    DS2- Enzo 7/15 (Chicco NextFit and Diono R100)

Senior Community Member R&J'sMom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CTPDMom View Post
    Did anyone find 75% on toys yesterday? Ours are all (I checked 4) still at 30/50%. So I'm guessing it will be next week. That fits, it's usually around the middle of the month.

I've picked up a few things, though, for birthdays that I know I will need throughout the year. Only 50% but they were things I'd be upset about missing out of if they were gone at 75% before I got to them.
    Certain items were 75% off at the stores I went to yesterday. Legos were 50% off and I grabbed up all the sets I found that we don't have. They were very scarce this year, and I was happy to even find them at 50% off. I found 2 different Star Wars sets, a huge City Construction set, and a Space Police set.

CPS Technician crunchierthanthou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by R&J'sMom View Post
    Certain items were 75% off at the stores I went to yesterday. Legos were 50% off and I grabbed up all the sets I found that we don't have. They were very scarce this year, and I was happy to even find them at 50% off. I found 2 different Star Wars sets, a huge City Construction set, and a Space Police set.
    yeah, mine didn't have any lego at all. I was thinking I'd buy it at 50%, but everyone else must have had the same idea.

Quote Originally Posted by crunchierthanthou View Post
    yeah, mine didn't have any lego at all. I was thinking I'd buy it at 50%, but everyone else must have had the same idea.
    Ditto. I haven't seen any either. I think my bff did get one at 50% for her nephews. There are still alot of things I'd grab at 75% off.

And the clothes! The closest Target to my office has rack upon rack at 50% off. I'm hoping I catch it right as soon as they hit 75%, I plan to stock up in the next size.

None of the Legos were on sale at the Target I went to in San Jose, CA. The clearance sale was only til 50%

Senior Community Member R&J'sMom's Avatar

I went again on Friday and found several of the smaller Power Miners sets for 1/2 off (clearanced priced $9.98, $3.97, & $3.48) and a Lego City Helicoptor Transporter for 50% off ($19.98) as well. DS1 has it already, but I picked it up for DS2 along with all the smaller Power Miners sets.

It's obvious Target didn't order near as many Legos as years past. Almost every store I went to was completely sold out of all the Legos before they even went 30% off. I think the days of 75% off Legos are long gone. I'm happy to get them at 50% off at least.

I was at one of my local Targets today and there were tons of 50% off toys and there were some 75% toys too. The signs only said 50%, but if you looked closely at some of the red stickers (top right) on some toys it said 75%. Got some great deals!

Scored with clothes at one of my Targets today! About half of them are at 75% now. I got 13 or 14 items including a track suit with t-shirt lining, a bunch of polo shirts, t-shirts with the long sleeves underneath, cotton knit half zip sweater, henley shirts, soccer type shorts...paid less than $40! About half are the 4/5 he's currently wearing, just growing into. The other half is the next size up. So he's pretty set on tops for school for this fall (and next fall! LOL). I need pants still. Those were all still 30 or 50%. Will keep watching!

Are the adult clothes on clearance too?
    Mom to:

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    Are the adult clothes on clearance too?
    Our target had A LOT of clearance for adults at 50/75. I scored two $25 sweaters for $6.58 each the other day. I think it's because they're clearing out winter/Christmas and getting ready for spring (or in our case, spring/summer).
    Anne, driving a '13 Odyssey and an '05 CRV

DD-Julia 9/04 (5 stepping now!)
    DS1-Luca 11/10 (Graco Wayz and Graco HB Turbobooster)
    DS2- Enzo 7/15 (Chicco NextFit and Diono R100)

My store still isn't reducing clearance prices on anything escept actual xmas stuff..that hit 90% for the remaining dregs, althogh most had gone at 50-75%. Toys are still at 30% off, some at 50%. I don't know that I'll see 75% off for toys. And clothes are still at 30%. I don't think they'll make it any lower either. Carseats/strollers are at 15%, and probably won't go loower, not that there's anything good anyway (40-lb symphony and big kid boosters)

Alex, 8 Katie, 12 and Annabelle Jan 2017

My store had the toys 75% off today!
    I got there right at opening time, and there were already a lot more cars in the lot than normal (I've been going at opening ever tuesday and thursday for the past 2 weeks).
    There were a lot of people looking at the toys. I got a few games for cheap, but I'm most excited about getting the Handy Manny repair shop for $22.48 (regular price $90)! I havent decided what I'm going to do with it yet. We might keep it for a birthday or give it to a nephew or my parents to have at their house. I thought I can always take it back if we decide we don't want it, but I can't change my mind TO buy it later if I didn't buy it then. There was only one too, and I got it!

I didn't have time to look at the clothes, I'll probably stop in later today while picking up dh to check them out.

Oh, and then I went to the thrift store and got a gymboree dress for dd1 for $3! Good day!
    Mom to:

Senior Community Member mommy2env's Avatar

I'm annoyed. My targets usually mark down all of their clearance toys at the same time. This time, there are some at 30, 50 and very few at 75% off. Why can't they do it the old way, and just mark everything down at the same time. Ugh.

Great deal Holly, I hope I have luck next week.

DD1~14yrs old~Seatbelt

DD2~8 yrs old ~Cow Frontier 85 and Pink Monterey
    DS~3 yrs old Britax Roundabout and Coccoro in Licorice/Carrot Cake
    DD3~ 10 weeks in a Chicco Keyfit

Senior Community Member mommaon112903's Avatar

DH didn't want to stay in last night, so we went across the river to Target-and the deals we found

Toys-75%, found an AirHockey Tabel for $35

They also have Funtainers on clearance for $11, all of their bottles are on sale actually, but not a *huge* percentage off yet.

A lot of their intimates were also marked down 50-75% off
    Crystal, SAHM to J age 8yrs11months/49.25"/55lbs/Blue Opal Recaro ProBoosterand Orange OSPKWY

Senior Community Member MySillyKids's Avatar

There has been NOTHING at the 4 targets i regular at. Seriously. I'm SO sad about this. This coming year for Christmas we're going to be SOL.