Question Is she big enough for the MA now? pics

seamonkeys

Ok, here's DD in the MA (not installed, just in the house). She's 8 mths and getting close to 15 lbs. I think she's ok height-wise, as she's just at the lowest harness - though that could change with install. I pulled the harness as tight as I could and it seems like there is a lot of space along her thighs. See pics. What do you think? Okay to use yet? Not actually planning to use yet, but curious to know when she'll be ready to move to it.

005-2.jpg

006-1.jpg

010.jpg

008-3.jpg

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
As long as you can't pinch anything at the shoulder it's fine.

But my goodness, what a cutie!!!!! And I say that while nursing my own babe. LOL

Wendy

April

Yep, I think the fit looks just fine. I love her big head of hair! Such a cutie.:love:

seamonkeys

Thanks! I couldn't remember if having extra space by the hips was ok or not. I'm not sure when I'll move her into it, but nice to know I can anytime now.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Man, can she share some of her hair with Laine? Eight months and she's got that gorgeous mop up there? Wow.

She'll be well held in by the crotch strap and shoulder straps, so even if there is some lateral movement at the hips her entire body won't be going anywhere.

Wendy

Spam

She is so adorable!! And all that hair makes her look older to me. We have baldies around here :love:

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I gave birth to one child w/ hair, lol, and it wasn't Olivia! Poor thing has the least amount hair of any of my kids at this age. She is just so stinking cute, love the pics!

seamonkeys

Man, can she share some of her hair with Laine? Eight months and she's got that gorgeous mop up there? Wow.

She'll be well held in by the crotch strap and shoulder straps, so even if there is some lateral movement at the hips her entire body won't be going anywhere.

Wendy

Yeah, we'd share if we could! If I don't put a clip in, the poor girl can't see! And it's over an inch past her collar in the back, though pretty thin there. Not sure how she lucked out with the most hair. I just looked back at my pics at 8 mths and I had a decent head of hair, though it was just to my eyebrows.

Laurette

My DD will be one in 12 days and she is still bald! I am so jelous of your DD's hair. But it makes her look alot older that 8 months, IMO. She looks like a tiny 3 year old. LOL Such a cutie.

I agree with PPs, it looks ok to use but if she fits in her infant seat better I'd leave her in that. The gaps at the hips bother me too.

seamonkeys

My DD will be one in 12 days and she is still bald! I am so jelous of your DD's hair. But it makes her look alot older that 8 months, IMO. She looks like a tiny 3 year old. LOL Such a cutie.

I agree with PPs, it looks ok to use but if she fits in her infant seat better I'd leave her in that. The gaps at the hips bother me too.

LOL! Yes, definitely still fits in the KF. I should take current pics in that too - she's still just barely at/above the 2nd slots! :rolleyes:

Kat_Momof3

she is adorable... can't get over all that hair... now, back to OT... I think the fit is fine, but if you're iffy on how comfortable with it you are, I say leave her in her infant seat awhile longer.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC