Vent No car seat at all for small for age three year old!

Anglyn

:thumbsdown::mad::eek::confused::(

Found out at Thanksgiving that my three year old nephew is riding with no car seat or booster what so ever. My sisters excuse? He's almost forty pounds anyway and they can't find a car seat that holds over that. That is a flat out lie. I told her the graco nautilus goes up to 100 lbs and is cheap. She said the booster is worthless anyway as all it does it boost them up a few inches. Yeah, I said, SO THAT THE SEATBELT FITS THEM PROPERLY.

I know I'm wasting my breath. I even tried telling them they WILL get ticketed for that. I hope they DO get ticketed, before something worse happens!

eta: she says he's almost forty pounds, but he has always been really small and still wears like a two toddler. I just don't believe he is even that big, but even if he's normal weight.....still....

ADS

swtgi1982

eta: she says he's almost forty pounds, but he has always been really small and still wears like a two toddler. I just don't believe he is even that big, but even if he's normal weight.....still....

If he still wears 2T clothes then there is no way he is almost 40lbs! My 26lb-er barely fits in 2T anymore!:eek:

Kat_Momof3

AMEN... Jeffrey wore a 2T shirt and I had to cut and hem him 2T pants because he was so short in the legs... at 1yr old... and he weighed about the same as his 2.5yr old brother... 30lbs.

no way is that a 40lb child... and even if he were, he needs a seat.

I'd call the cops and/or DFS on them.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC