New carts at Meijer/ was Re: Infant seats on Shopping Carts

swtgi1982

My meijer actually has a bench cart now, where the seat folds down and it has straps to strap down an infant seat! I love it, it really is secure, maybe next time I am there I will take a picture and post it here!

ADS

BookMama

Senior Community Member
My meijer actually has a bench cart now, where the seat folds down and it has straps to strap down an infant seat! I love it, it really is secure, maybe next time I am there I will take a picture and post it here!

The Meijer stores near me have had those for a long time. I haven't used it for an infant seat yet but DS and DD1 love sitting on the bench together. :thumbsup:

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
I'm not sure whast you mean by the seat folds down, but our meijer has had carts with bench seats for a long time. They do have belts, so I can see how you could safely secure an infant seat to them.

swtgi1982

I'm not sure whast you mean by the seat folds down, but our meijer has had carts with bench seats for a long time. They do have belts, so I can see how you could safely secure an infant seat to them.

Not the belts for the bench, but ours actually has a separate heavier strap buckle for an infant seat. It is over an inch wide. I believe the buckles for the bench are black and this one is red a complete different color. The seat folds down for infant carrier or adult special needs person to sit on as well (an alternative to their very limited wheel chairs)

JOII

Our Meijer has had them for quite some time. I dont really like them though. I think I may have a pic, Ill look for it, if not I to can get a pic if the OP cant, we were actually planning on going sometime tomorrow.

aja

like these? our walmart has these. much better than the old ones because you can use the front seat at the same time-and the bench can be used for someone up to 200lbs. did not realize you can use an infant seat with them. i took these pics a few months ago - not great, but you kinda get the idea.

4223200478_ef10f69679.jpg

4223200366_33f123ab09.jpg

JOII

No, not at all like those, I googled forever and finally found something similar.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/85577291@N00/545247094/

The seat back folds down and has its own separate strap that goes over the car seat. Hopefully op or I can get an action shot soon, they are really interesting, and not a bad concept but I personally just dont like them.

BookMama

Senior Community Member
No, not at all like those, I googled forever and finally found something similar.

The seat back folds down and has its own separate strap that goes over the car seat. Hopefully op or I can get an action shot soon, they are really interesting, and not a bad concept but I personally just dont like them.

Yes, the ones at "my" Meijer stores are very similar but also have a thick plastic thing that flips down from the back seat, which you can buckle an infant seat onto. I don't think I've ever seen anyone use it that way, though.

I'll no doubt be at Meijer in the next few days (it's where I do my main weekly grocery shopping) and will try to remember to snap some pics.

aja

oh neat. i was trying to imagine how an infant seat would work on the walmart ones.

i'm sure if anyone here comes out with something that works that way it will be after the twins are out of the safeseat.

JOII

Ok here it is. I hadnt played with the infant seat part in a while and couldnt remember why I didnt like it till I used it today, and really, it just doesnt work. There is nothing to hold the car seat on but the red straps. The straps, on every cart at my store, are dirty and very stiff since the carts are stored outdoors so I could not make it tighter to safely 'install' the seat on the bench. Even if I could I dont see how it would have been tight enough, as there was only about an inch more of strap and the seat was much much loser than that. Also I am sure an older baby would be able to touch the strap, and they are really just icky.

Kids on the bench (baby is in the car seat, in the cart part, this is how we usually shop, with an additional cart for groceries.)
IMG_7543.jpg

Bench
IMG_7534.jpg

Folded down
IMG_7535.jpg

Infant seat (SR32) on bench
IMG_7536.jpg

Little logo thing :)
IMG_7541.jpg

Last edited:

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
oh neat. Ours don't have teh fold down, just the bench thing the kids sit on. i will say i like teh bench way better than teh weird square cube seats thing at target, though.

littleangelfire

alright, but can you steer the thing? :) Anytime I try the carts with add-ons for kids, including the car carts, they are so much harder to steer than the regular carts, that I am a threat to the whole store if I take one. lol

BookMama

Senior Community Member
alright, but can you steer the thing? :) Anytime I try the carts with add-ons for kids, including the car carts, they are so much harder to steer than the regular carts, that I am a threat to the whole store if I take one. lol

They're not too hard to steer, though I prefer not to have to use them when the store is crowded. (I prefer not to even GO when it's crowded. :p)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC