Need a New Seat

C

CalebsMome

I read here all the time, but I don't normally post. I have a question though. I have a three year old (almost 4). He weighs between 40 and 41 depending on his current eating habits. He isn't likely to gain a lot of weight at one time as his weight gain tends to be kind of slow. We currently have three vehicles that he rides in regularly. One is a 2000 Saturn SL2, one is a Jeep Grand Cherokee (1998 maybe), and a Dodge something 9 passenger van (we work two weeks at a time at a group home). He is currently on the second highest slots of the Nautilus that is in the Saturn and the highest slots of the Marathon and Decathalon that are in the other two vehicles. We are only going to buy one carseat to replace the Marathon and Decathalon and just move seats when we have to. Usually this is for the van at work and is no big deal. I like the Nautilus, the Britax are kind of small and sit up too high. Should I get another Nautilus or get a Sunshine Radian XTSL? This carseat will go in our Saturn most likely as my mom thinks that the more roomy a carseat is the better, so the Nautilus would go in her car. My thinking is this: The Radian, bought new, might last long enough to be used by another child if a miracle happens because if I remember right they expire after 10 years right? Also, he only weighs 41 lbs, so in the van at work, he could rear face and the girls could entertain him. This seat would move back and forth between our Saturn (very small cramped car) and the van (roomy until you put 10 people in it). Any ideas?

I actually means the RadianSL not the XTSL.

Last edited:
ADS

Raegansmom4

I agree with another Nautilus. At that age and weight, it is more economical to go w/ another GN. The top slots on the Radian are a good 1"+ shorter than the GN.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
If you would like to rear face him, and you may have more, a Radian makes complete sense (yes, eight years, not ten).

A Nautilus will last *him* longer, but a Radian may last your family longer, if you have more kids.

Wendy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC