In Laws just dont get it and wont now using Crashed booster seats

mburks26

OMG I will never ever let my dd ride with the DIL and SIL or MIL or possibley her AIL.

They have never buckled my dds cousin in right and now in the past month my MIL and SIL were in a wreck cars not drivable they hit this steal poles things that divide the road from the grass both on the driver side tore the front ends up on both a 2000 F150 and a 1999 Dodge Neon. The Neon is way more worse and is not fixable what so ever. They only had liabilty and the wreck was their fault. The seats that were in the cars was a Graco Turbo and a Evenflo big kid. The wrecks happened about a month a part. The both happened with in a mile from my dds cousins daycare. They were on the way to pick her up.

I told them not to use the seats again they need to be replaced did they NOPE they are still being used. They say they are fine since no one was in them and they were not even buckled in with the lap only that they use.

Then when dds cousion goes to chruch with the AIL found out shes been using the 8 yrs old backless booster Cosco with out the darn cover on it. It just makes me sick. MIL and AIL both work at hospitals and AIL works at a kids she knows better really but I dont know why she lets this happen.

Im so fed up with this. I showed them the lap only belt video I have well emailed to them anyway and they have said nothing about it. :mad:

Is it possible that the seats are ok really since no one was in them and wasnt even buckled. I know my Vivo states that if the air bag did not deploy and no one was in the booster its fine to use again. I do not think the air bags went off. The damage was all to the front end and the boosters were in the back in the middle of both cars. I know the manufactors say replace after every crash but they wont do it.

ADS

Kat_Momof3

I don't know and I wouldn't let my kid ride with them after that, either. The fact is we have to rely on the manufacturers to tell us what is best because we don't know what would happen.

Qarin

If they're using the boosters with lap-only belts anyway, I can't see that it matters much if the booster has been in a crash.

mburks26

yes lap only in the 2 of the cars thats all thats in the middle the other is lap shoulder but the shoulder belt is never right.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC