Special needs seat rental?

Jmark

I may be in need of a Columbia 2500 for about a week for a demo in jan/feb. I obviously don't want to bill my client $1700 for this seat. Is there any group i can go through for rental?

ADS

Judi's DH

Senior Community Member
I don't know of any car seat rental places there tends to be to much liability in renting such items. Did you just Need the seat to see if it will work for a certain case and if so have you tried to contact any local special needs instructors in order to borrow the seat for a fitting Granted you wont be able to use the seat fore more than the fitting to car and child but at least it should give you the answer as to if the seat is the right one for this case.

Jmark

thats what i need, i probably need the seat for 48-72 hours then can return. I'm on the east coast though. I'd be willing to put down a cash deposit even.

Judi's DH

Senior Community Member
Sadly I'm on the WC not that it would help I don't have the seat nor do i know any one that does I'd definitely check my local CPS list and make some calls sorry i cant be more helpful I hope some one else closer to you has a lead for you.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Check with the local hospitals, the ones that deal with kids that would need those types of seats. Here, it is Legacy Emanuel Hospital.

Louisa

CPST Instructor
where on the east coast are you? i am in upstate ny and know someone who i believe has one those, among a collection of many SN seats

flipper68

Senior Community Member
In addition to contacting Special Needs Instructors, I'd try contacting Easter Seals, United Cerebral Palsy, Shriners Hospital, Children's Hospitals, and medical equipment distributors for pediatric clients.

These folks are well connected to the families of kids with special needs in the area and may 1) have one available 2) be able to order one for trial purposes and/or 3) know "someone who knows someone."

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC