Puzzle question (seat recommendation)

ians_mommy

I have a 2006 VW Jetta
DS is 25 mo (35lb) and RF in a Safety First Complete Air
We are expecting #2 in April

Please recommend an infant seat that will fit well with our Complete Air in my Jetta.

TIA

ADS

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
I'm not sure exactly what the question is? If i understand correctly, you will only have 2 children? You can pretty much get any 2 seats you want, even the biggest seats that exist, and put them both outboard. They'll fit. "Puzzling" only really comes into play whe you need to get 3-across, or 2 side-by-side. Do you have any issues with front passenger space? If the complete air is working for you, keep child #1 in that, and you can get any bucket or small convertible you want for baby #2. Are there other considerations you did not mention?

ians_mommy

Sorry I wasnt more clear.
I do not feel comfortable with a newborn riding outboard, so I need to get two side by side (newborn center and toddler outboard)

JerseyGirl'sMama

I, too, wanted two side by side - so the newborn could be in the middle and I could also sit back there to assist him. :thumbsup:

For infant bucket seats, the BabyTrend Flex Loc is the narrowest of the group. The Chicco Keyfit is another narrow one, and is a breeze to install, as well as a good fit for newborns (love the newborn insert) and just a wonderful seat overall.

If you want to go the convertible from birth route, you could try the Sunshine Kids Radians. There are several models and I am sure they would puzzle well with the Complete Air. Do you have a Babies R Us nearby? Most stores will allow you to take a display seat out to your vehicle to try out the install before you buy.

Hope that helps. :)

armywife12

As long as both children are rear facing, it doesn't really matter which seating position they are in. When you have a forward facing and rear facing child, that is when the forward facing child is safer in the middle because they have the least amount of protection. Rear facing already gives optimal protection that a newborn outerboard is perfectly safe as long as the seat is installed and being used correctly. I've never played with the CA so I'm not much help on seats. I had the Baby Trend Flex Loc infant seat and it is pretty narrow so it *might* work but I've never had to puzzle seats together

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC