Who adds to others' Reputation?

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
I like to & am just curious who else does so frequently? (When deserved, not "just because")
Do you write comments? :D I find them quite helpful....

I add reputation points for interesting questions, correct advice, creative insights, easy to read organization -- I noticed that the system won't let me give anymore advice, though, until spreading the wealth a bit more so I guess I've been a little too selective :eek:

Last edited:
ADS

SPJ&E

I am really bad for forgetting to, but I think it's an awesome feature and I love getting comments to see what I'm doing right!

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I do.

There are certain people to whom I have added enough reputation points that I get the message telling me to spread the wealth. Some people are just REALLY good and deserve lots of points! :)

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I do, but I tend to want to give it to the same people since it tells me to spread the reputation around :D At least there is some good advice being given out!

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
That was good advice, Jewels! You helped at least one person learn how to add points. Reputation points added for you. :)

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
I do when I remember the feature, lol, and think it's an excellent post.

becca011906

Senior Community Member
well she help two, i was thinking those nice comments and points were only given out by mods.... guess i havent' been spreading the wealth at all!!! Oh my i feel bad now :( ....
but takes for the tips! I'll be adding as needed!

jamesmommy

At least 3 folks helped, since when I originally read the message on reputation ratings, I got the impression only long-time folks could rate/be rated. Now that I know, I will be sure to add my input as well.

Amie

mominabigtruck

Ok, now I want to know how you're supposed to see the what people say about you. I kow there's the little colored box in the right hand corner but all it says is how many reputation points I have.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Ok, now I want to know how you're supposed to see the what people say about you. I kow there's the little colored box in the right hand corner but all it says is how many reputation points I have.

You click on the UserCP and that will take you to a screen that shows how many points you have and for what posts you have received reputation for. If the person adding to your reputation just clicks approve and doesn't add a comment then it will just say the post it was added for and no comment!

lovinwaves

You should not add to someones reputation because you like them, or think their post was funny. Per ADMIN here is a quote from a thread posted.

Please leave praise both for posts that exhibit expertise in motor vehicle safety issues and for quality writing. Please do not give reputation clicks simply because you like someone or think they are a good poster general; the clicks are to reward members for specific posts that are particularly insightful or well-written.

If you need more info regarding the Reputation Points, and how to give them please see this thread http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=8944

I give out reputations points whenever I see a post that is written well or contains a lot of good useful information pertaining to CPS. It seems though I tend to give to the same people, so I have to spread it around LOL :D

Last edited:

Jewels

Senior Community Member
You should not add to someones reputation because you like them, or think their post was funny. Per ADMIN here is a quote from a thread posted.

If you need more info regarding the Reputation Points, and how to give them please see this thread http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=8944

I give out reputations points whenever I see a post that is written well or contains a lot of good useful information pertaining to CPS. It seems though I tend to give to the same people, so I have to spread it around LOL :D

I totally agree! If you have any questions about the reputation points and how it works then you should read this thread

southpawboston

yes, thanks for pointing that out. i was getting a little concerned after reading about reputation points being left for people being funny...

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Good point, Melissa.

I think I give the same people (over and over) reputation points because there are certain people who CONSISTENTLY give good advice/good information. I do try to "reach" others who give good advice, too! :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC