Had to turn DS FF :(

lovemybabies924

i had to turn DS FF because he was getting mud all over the seat back of my car and DH would FREAK OUT (he is a super clean freak). is there something i could buy to protect the seat where his feet go so i can turn him RF again? he is 28m and 26lbs

ADS

mommaon112903

An old t-shirt or towel works really nice :thumbsup: I think someone actually made a post showing exactly how she made something for her RF kiddo. I will try to find it for you.

Maedze

Take off his shoes, or drape a towel or sheet over the back of the vehicle seat. It is definitely not something worth turning a two year old forward facing for.

mommaon112903

Here is one post

Like Maedze said though, it is just not worth turning a child FF for.

*Didn't see the above post, this is what happens when you are slow :p*

aeormsby

We have some of the seat back protectors that they sell to put on the back of the front seats for FF kids. I just use the headrest on the seat DS is in RF and tuck the bottom between the seatback and carseat after it's installed. They're water proof so it keeps everything dry. If he's really dirty though I take shoes off, this helps for melting snow and dusty feet though.
Ann

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
We've got light coloured taupe leather that shows EVERYTHING. We've never had an issue because we just pull DD's shoes off as others have mentioned. In winter, she's got a pair of pull on faux sheepskin boots for the vehicle that are SUPER fast to put on/off. Then, for summer, she wears Crocs/Dawgs to the vehicle which just slip off as well. If she needs some other shoe for out destination (dress shoes, running shoes, sandals, etc.) I just take them with us and she puts them on when we get there. This isn't necessary, but it just makes my life easier. :)

monstah

It's so easy to take off shoes. Really!

I have to disagree. I am sure it is very easy for some kids (& parents) but it can be very difficult for others. It would have been simple with my DS but there is no chance I could ever take DD1's shoes off & on everytime we get in and out of the car.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I have to disagree. I am sure it is very easy for some kids (& parents) but it can be very difficult for others. It would have been simple with my DS but there is no chance I could ever take DD1's shoes off & on every time we get in and out of the car.
Are the shoes difficult? or is it your child's personality? Just curious because shoes ARE easy (slip on or velcro shoes), but I can totally see a child NOT being easy! :)

monstah

Are the shoes difficult? or is it your child's personality? Just curious because shoes ARE easy (slip on or velcro shoes), but I can totally see a child NOT being easy! :)

Totally personality. ;) I should have been more clear. My DD1 has a pair of "Bearclaw" boots (just like Uggs) - It is DEFINATLY a personality thing. :p

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Totally personality. ;) I should have been more clear. My DD1 has a pair of "Bearclaw" boots (just like Uggs) - It is DEFINATLY a personality thing. :p
Ha, DD is the reverse. Can't get her to keep her shoes ON. First thing she does in the vehicle, even when it's -22°F out is kick her boots off (okay that's fine by me), but then she pulls her socks off too AND won't cover her feet with a blanket! GRRRR!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC