Vivo or TB for littles???

fyrfightermomma

DD is 4 1/2. I'd like to start booster training this summer for when she needs to carpool at school next year/go with grandparents/friends etc. So she'll be about 5.

Right now she is exactly 30 lbs but they just increased her tube feedings and gave her high calorie formula and expect her to gain about 5 pounds in the next 6 months or so (so 35 lbs). She's very tall though (about 43")

So what booster is good for little narrow kids? Is the Vivo better for skinny minnis vs the TB? Do they both have 30 lb minimums? I know those are the two big ones, I just don't know which is better and there is no where local to try the Vivo.

This would just be for carpooling. She'll stay harnessed in our cars until closer to 40 lbs.

ADS

firemomof3

From my experience the Vivo fits smaller kids just about the same as the TB :) I really like both. The fabric on the Vivo is the same as the YS vs the TB which is more of a cloth feeling. Here are pics:
boosterfits002.jpg

Summerfun045.jpg

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Vivo. I think the side impact protection is so much more substantial looking around the head, too.

Maedze

I'd do the Vivo, because it's so snug, and I think she would do better with a confined feeling, yes?

mburks26

Another vote for Vivo it adjust higher the the TB and also does not have the I want to compart when moving it like the TB does.

myliljunebugs

DD still has too much space beside her hips in the TB (IMO, I don't like space) and the Vivo fits her nice and snug. She is right around 41lbs.

JOII

Here is my skinny guy in the Vivo. I have not tried the TB but I do love the Vivo on him. In the pic he is 4.5, 42" and 32lbs. We dont yet use it but will be starting once he is 5. He is waffling between 33 and 35lbs at the moment. Its probably hard to tell from the pics but the lap fit is very good.

IMG_4882.jpg

IMG_4881.jpg

Last edited:

BW1426

Are you confident that the people she's riding with will use the Vivo correctly? Because, I've seen so many people that I've shown how to use the Vivo (multiple times) still do it wrong.

I know it seems simple to us, but my experiences have shown me that it's messed up far more often than other seats.

fyrfightermomma

I'd do the Vivo, because it's so snug, and I think she would do better with a confined feeling, yes?

Yeah it'd be more like the YS and keep her "in place" a little better. We will use the YS as a booster full time in our car when the time comes but it's not exactly a good travel seat LOL.

fyrfightermomma

Are you confident that the people she's riding with will use the Vivo correctly? Because, I've seen so many people that I've shown how to use the Vivo (multiple times) still do it wrong.

I know it seems simple to us, but my experiences have shown me that it's messed up far more often than other seats.

So a Vivo may be good for the times we are buckling her in other peoples car or with people we trust, but maybe a TB for those we aren't so sure of?

ginny4

i know plenty of people thaat can screw up TB too. the put the lapportion OVER or BEHIND the armrests, they don't use the guides for the shoulderbelt & they don't even raise the headrest to proper height. OY

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Yeah, it's a tough call, I almost never see anyone IRL use the Turbo right... Sigh. I long for the Parkway, if only it were labeled "The booster for people who refuse to learn how to deal with armrests--yes, I'm talking about YOU, there, J.Q Parent who's too busy to even try" (Oh, is that too long for a seat name? ;))

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC