Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Carseat Crazy

Does fit of booster change from vehicle to vehicle??

Sometimes a car seat fit-to-child will change a bit depending on angle of installation, seat slope & what not. Is it the same sort of thing with a booster seat? How do I choose a booster that will work well for my child regardless of vehicle?
    DS1, 15yo, 5 steps
    DS2, 14yo, 5 steps
    DS3, 13yo, 5 steps
    DD, 11yo, backless booster
    DD, 5yo, 52 lbs, harnessed in a Chicco MyFit, just outgrew Clicktight Blvd.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Does fit of booster change from vehicle to vehicle??

Yes, it is the same with boosters where belt fit can depend on the vehicle. Depending on the size of the child, there are boosters that are known to position belts well (for instance, the Graco Turbobooster tends to fit smaller kids well), but again, that will be dependent on both the child and each vehicle.

You can get a general idea of which boosters might work best for you from posters here if you post the make and model of each car you plan to use a booster in and the stats of the child (age, weight, etc.).

Admin - CPS Technician LISmama810's Avatar

Boosters can also fit differently in the same car, but a different seating position. (This is especially true for cars with wonky middle seatbelts, or third rows that are much smaller than second rows, etc.)

That's not to say that there's ALWAYS a difference between seating positions and vehicles, just that there can be.

Unfortunately, I don't think anyone can guarantee one booster that will work in absolutely every scenario.

Yes, I occasionally have to switch the height on my 6 year old's boosters when moving them from vehicle to vehicle and I prefer the fit of different boosters in different cars.
    Liz
    Mom to:
    Rachael (11/03), Emily (8/06), and Naomi (1/09)

6. Thank You from: