top picks?

U

Unregistered

i'm looking into purchasing a carseat for a friend as a shower gift... it's been awhile since i have had to purchase/research one. i want to get her a rf/ff for after she's done with the infant seat, i know she wants the convenience of being able to easily carry it around. which ones do the pros (you ladies!) recommend?

thanks!

ADS

JerseyGirl'sMama

How nice of you to get this for her as a gift. :)

Infant seats are only RFing and those are the bucket style you can carry around with the child in it. The RF/FF seats are convertibles, and you really can't carry those around. Do you just mean one that is easy to move from one car to another?

There are many great convertible seats out there. The favorites tend to be the Graco MyRide65, the Evenflo Triumph Advance, First Years True Fit (and True Fit Premier,) Safety First Complete Air, Britax Roundabout 50, Britax Marathon, and Sunshine Kids Radian(s) (there are several different models and they are all great.)

Hope that helps get you looking in the right direction. :)

Qarin

I think, and perhaps I'm reading too much in, that she meant that she expects the mom will get an infant seat, for its convenience, while the OP wants to get her the convertible seat for after that.

And for that, I'd recommend giving an IOU- a promise that when she's ready to move the baby to a convertible, to continue rearfacing to age 2 and beyond, you'll get her the seat then; I say that because most seats expire after 6 years from their date of manufacturer, and you want to give her the chance to use it as long as possible so you want to buy it as late as possible.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I think, and perhaps I'm reading too much in, that she meant that she expects the mom will get an infant seat, for its convenience, while the OP wants to get her the convertible seat for after that.

And for that, I'd recommend giving an IOU- a promise that when she's ready to move the baby to a convertible, to continue rearfacing to age 2 and beyond, you'll get her the seat then; I say that because most seats expire after 6 years from their date of manufacturer, and you want to give her the chance to use it as long as possible so you want to buy it as late as possible.

I agree. :) The only reason I'd give different advice is if she plans to use it in grandma's car/another less frequently used car where they won't have a base for the infant seat but will leave the convertible permanently installed in case they need to use it so she doesn't have to use the infant seat without the base (and re-install each time.) If that's the case it might change which seats are recommended, because there are some great seats I would highly recommend for an infant who has outgrown the carrier, but will not fit most newborns from birth.

U

Unregistered

Thank you! I totally see your point. I'm going to forgo the car seat and get her the Beco Butterfly or the Ergo carrier, any suggestions on those? lol

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC