Installing an Alpha Omega 3-in-1 RF... in an hour

MaeganEmily

Anyone have some tips or tricks for installing this seat RF with a shoulder belt? Can I take the base off (how do I do that)? I can't find the manual online because I don't have the specific manufacture date.

Any advice? Thank you!

ADS

sirrahn

How old is the seat? Some of the newest ones don't have a removable base, but if it's older, there's a metal rod in the bottom that holds the base on. You just push on the plastic tab on one end and shove the rod out from the other end (really hard to explain without pictures!)

If it has a removable base, you'll probably need pool noodles for recline unless you're installing for a toddler.

Maedze

It is for a 19 month old toddler. Newer seat.

Can you describe the difficulty you are having? The belt gets threaded through the rear facing belt path. It's helpful to pull up the cover so you can see what you're doing.

It sounds like you have a new version of the seat, so the base doesn't come off. Make sure the seat is in its most reclined position.

Once you have it threaded through, you plug it in, tighten as much as possible (by pulling on the shoulder belt through the belt path with the cover lifted up) and then lock the belt. What sort of vehicle do you have? (Make model year)

MaeganEmily

Last time I tried, it just seemed like it wouldn't get secure. I have a Marathon for my DD, this is for a friend. I think I'll get it figured out. Thank you!

Mae

How'd it go?

I'm a minority here. Actually, probably one of the only people, but uh...
I loved how my AO installed. :duck:

It was really easy in all the cars I had to install it in, although I only used it for RF. I did have one of the older ones though, so I could take off the base.

mamajava

Senior Community Member
I like my AO...it was my favorite seat when Anna was a baby! The one I just bought at Walmart for Miley has a removable base! So, I would check, some do and some don't! We have had a few come into checks that are brand new and have removable bases!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC