Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Is the Graco Nautilus FAA approved?

Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Is the Graco Nautilus FAA approved?

With the 5-point harness, yes it is FAA approved. It is not FAA approved when used as a booster though. There should be some verbage on the seat stating that, though it might be confusing since it is approved only in certain conditions.
    Katy

Quote Originally Posted by MomToEliEm View Post
    With the 5-point harness, yes it is FAA approved. It is not FAA approved when used as a booster though. There should be some verbage on the seat stating that, though it might be confusing since it is approved only in certain conditions.
    Thanks!!

Carseat Crazy

It's a good idea to take the instruction manual, know where the approved for aircraft label is located on the seat, and maybe even call the airline ahead. Some airline staff are unfamiliar with their own regulations.
    DD 01/06, 44 lbs., 48", turbobooster ss or harnessed in nautilus, RFed to 32 months, and occasionally after
    DD 07/10, 22 lbs., 32", RF myride or truefit

Loving all the glorious space in our 8 pass 2004 Sienna

CPS Fanatic

Also, IME, it will not fit through the security xray things. So either take it apart ahead of time (which I don't do because it's a huge pain) or just have them wand it. But be prepared, they'll want to try to see if it'll go through and then they'll pull it and it takes a few extra minutes.
    Mommy to two wild little boys and a little princess!
    DS1 (01/05, 46 1/2", 44 lbs), Boring Gray Turbobooster / Harmony Literider
    DS2 (07/07, 39 1/2", 40lbs), Harvest Complete Air / Booster Training in a Maui Blue PWSG / RSTV
    DD (07/09, 33", 23lbs), rfing Flair MyRide / rfing Scenera

Quote Originally Posted by DahliaRW View Post
    Also, IME, it will not fit through the security xray things. So either take it apart ahead of time (which I don't do because it's a huge pain) or just have them wand it. But be prepared, they'll want to try to see if it'll go through and then they'll pull it and it takes a few extra minutes.
    The last time I took a seat through security like that it was an infant bucket, and they did just that. They used the wand on it. They also kind of felt the padding down, kind of like a pat down the police do on people and that was it.
    10.5yr old Topside Booster, 9yr old Topside, 6yr old Topside, 4yr old RXT RF, 2yr old RXT RF

Combi Coccorro waiting

Senior Community Member TnT's Mom's Avatar

We have flown using the Nautilus before and it did fit through the xray machines but it will obviously depend on the size of the xray machine. It was definitely a bit bulky to carry down the plane aisle but I just held it up in front of me and had DS#2 walk in front of me and DS#1 and DH in front of him, so he could climb in one of their seats while I installed his Nautilus.
    DS#1 12yrs., 85lbs., 58"tall, 5-stepping in my car!
    DS#2 9yrs., 65lbs., 49" tall, Jane Indy, Compass Pathway B570