Is the Graco Nautilus FAA approved?

ADS

MomToEliEm

With the 5-point harness, yes it is FAA approved. It is not FAA approved when used as a booster though. There should be some verbage on the seat stating that, though it might be confusing since it is approved only in certain conditions.

ed_tricia

It's a good idea to take the instruction manual, know where the approved for aircraft label is located on the seat, and maybe even call the airline ahead. Some airline staff are unfamiliar with their own regulations.

DahliaRW

Also, IME, it will not fit through the security xray things. So either take it apart ahead of time (which I don't do because it's a huge pain) or just have them wand it. But be prepared, they'll want to try to see if it'll go through and then they'll pull it and it takes a few extra minutes.

swtgi1982

Also, IME, it will not fit through the security xray things. So either take it apart ahead of time (which I don't do because it's a huge pain) or just have them wand it. But be prepared, they'll want to try to see if it'll go through and then they'll pull it and it takes a few extra minutes.

The last time I took a seat through security like that it was an infant bucket, and they did just that. They used the wand on it. They also kind of felt the padding down, kind of like a pat down the police do on people and that was it.

TnT's Mom

We have flown using the Nautilus before and it did fit through the xray machines but it will obviously depend on the size of the xray machine. It was definitely a bit bulky to carry down the plane aisle but I just held it up in front of me and had DS#2 walk in front of me and DS#1 and DH in front of him, so he could climb in one of their seats while I installed his Nautilus.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC