OnBoard 35 Air infant car seat

ADS

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I was wondering when these would come out, I knew they were coming. Looks good. I like the On Board and $190 isn't horrible I guess.

L

LuciaBella

I would never buy a dorel infant seat for almost 200. thats ridiculous!

Evolily

Why not? It's a good seat, installs well, lasts about as long as the Snugride 32(35?), fits tiny newborns very well, and includes a brand new technology that shows lots of potential in improving survivability in side impact collisions. If britax released the same seat how much would you expect to pay for it :confused: .

Maedze

Why not? It's a good seat, installs well, lasts about as long as the Snugride 32(35?), fits tiny newborns very well, and includes a brand new technology that shows lots of potential in improving survivability in side impact collisions. If britax released the same seat how much would you expect to pay for it :confused: .

Exactly :thumbsup:

I like the look of it, and it looks like they've fixed the nasty base issues on other Dorel seats.

MANDY1234

Awww your killing me..looks like that Rio might match a flora :whistle: DH is going to POed. I keep looking at infant seats...we have one that is pretty much brand new. I NEED A NEW SEAT!!! lol

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member

Would you pay the same price for a SnugRide 35? Because I consider them just as good-- better in a few ways-- from what I've tried with them, anyway, and they are listed at around the same price in many places.

arly1983

I love how they added the aire/air protect on there. Much better than the Britax companion air headrest that freaked out my baby. She didn't like it on her head. :whistle:

I need a baby to put in it.

DahliaRW

I like it. But of course I LOVE the Complete Air. Of course, I have no reason to buy one. I'm dying for a safety first air protect booster to come out - I really hope it's good!

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I like it. But of course I LOVE the Complete Air. Of course, I have no reason to buy one. I'm dying for a safety first air protect booster to come out - I really hope it's good!

Hmm, one of these was mentioned at aBC kids wasn't it?

That would be one I'd definitely love to see too. :)

I like it! Of course, I'll wait to hear what everyone has to say before I buy one LOL!

Well the SureFit has been around for awhile now - fits newborns great, is an easy to install seat and has a lock-off on the base. Clicks in and out of the base cleanly, is lightweight. It's really a nice seat overall.

So if they took that, and simply replaced the side EPS with the air protect technology, then I think it's going to be a great seat and the $200 is worth it.

What difference does brand name make? If the Scenera came off the factory line of Britax would it still be worth $40 or would you be able to charge $100 for it because it was Britax? And if Dorel made the Blvd, would you expect to pay $100 less than if Britax made it just because it was Dorel? :confused:

thepote

This is great... an infant seat that fits for longer AND has SIP (without the Britax head squeeze).

:confused: Dorel has figured out that people are becoming more and more educated about best practices and putting in higher end features. Dorel's products reach tens of MILLIONS of people... more than we carseat snobs here could ever reach. Having them release a better seat is huge. Getting new technology out there is really expensive for a company, Dorel or not :twocents:

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I like the On Board, I actually have it in my top 3 reccomended infant seats personally. It's the best price out there afaik for an infant seat that starts at 4# and the shell is slightly taller than the SS1/SR35 so will last a LONG time for most. My kids outgrew the SS1 at 23# at 18 and 23 mos. Having even another inch of shell, could've added months of use. Can you tell I love my infant seats?! lol

Mommy2Marcus

Ooooo! I really like the looks of the new Air Protect infant seat. It will deffinatly be at the top of my list for an infant seat when I get pregnant. I also really like the pink. I need a new seat & can not buy one untill I have another child to put into it, so I need to be pregnant & SOON!

chloebeansmom

Does anyone know if this would "fit" acceptably in a graco mosaic stroller? We're hoping for another baby next year and we have tiny little babies. The KF will work but I like the look of this so much better. I am really not a fan of the KF colors.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC