While I have all the seats out of the car - quick help pls to swap out seats

MarathonMama

Being that it's Christmas time and we bought an oversized package, of course it won't fit in our car unless we take out the seats and put the car seat down ... damn DH :whistle:

In addition, my YDD is becoming increasingly difficult to put into her RF MA!!! Our current setup is as it is in my sig pics. However, we also have a RNXT in my DH's car that we use for ODD when he picks her up from school.

I'm tempted to put YDD in the RNXT so she has more leg room, but I'm thinnking ODD should really be FF in the RNXT in our main car as it is. If I switch out YDD's RF MA for the RF RNXT then ODD has 2 FF MA (one in each car).

Knowing that having ODD FF in the RNXT is probably safer for her (and negligable for YDD in either seat), putting YDD RF in her MA is a becoming WAY too much of a challenge for me at 23wks pg!!!! We are expecting #3 in April and will be doing another swap around then depending on how we can fit 3 across with an infant bucket (but I do know 2 MA's and a RNXT will fit) so it might only be temporary.

What would you do?

ADS

Maedze

Awww...too bad, look at the matchy covers :love:

Knowing what we know, though about the Britax convertibles in forward facing testing, if I were in your shoes I would move your older child to the Radian. Can you order a second Radian for your 18 month old? :)

MarathonMama

Thanks for the quick reply!

I was thinking it might have to come to that, but my DH would KILL me if I even mentioned it! We already have to purchase a new infant seat (using a convertable from birth is not an option for me, although it would be cheaper and allow me to do both).

At what weight does FF in a MA become an issue with the testing? I'm wondering if I can feel reasonably comfortable with ODD FF in the MA until the spring when #3 is due and I have to switch them around anyway and ODD will end up in the RNXT.

Maedze

I'm pretty sure it was starting with the three year old dummy that the numbers were pretty depressing (and that's what, 36 pounds?) If Pixels doesn't answer, PM her, this stuff titillates her.

MarathonMama

Ugh! I guess I'll have to fight with YDD until I can figure things out and into the FF RNXT ODD will go!

At least ODD has yet to move to the top slot in the RNXT so I won't have to buy her a combination seat/booster for awhile ... or DH would REALLY KILL me ;)

cryswilkins

I would also put DD1 in the Radian FF and keep DD2 in the MA RF.

Honestly, pretzeling your 18 month old is just a fact of life and a small inconvenience you take for safety, wait until she is 3.:whistle:

NannyMom

I agree with PPs. I'd put DD1 in the Radian and DD2 stays in the Marathon. Does DD2 have a seat in DH's car? If so, what is it?

MarathonMama

Oh yeah, I'm sure pretzling an older child will be difficult ... but at least you can reason with a 3yr old and they understand the process ;)

As for YDD's other seat, we have an AOE but I don't use it (although I know it's decent for RF). We generally just reinstall her MA in his car but that happens only a few times a year so it's no big deal.

Either way, I'm sure at least one more RNXT or other seat will be necessary in the very near future. We might require one anyways for our 3 across to work with an infant seat as we've yet to try those combinations out (likely a KF). We DO know a FF RNXT and 2 RF MAs will work. However, my children generally don't fit in a RF MA well until around 7-9 months.

kathysr98

I would also like to add, the fighting getting in the seat phase did not last long at all for my dd. I'm thinking maybe a month tops. You may not be so lucky, and I may not stay that lucky, but I would have hope.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
My 19 month old fights us if WE try to put her in-- but climbs in of her own accord if we stand there and praise her for doing it and being such a big girl. :whistle: No chance of that?

The AOE (especially with the base off) would definitely be lower-profile than the MA.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC