HWH video is done!!

MustangMama

Positive criticism is welcome once again :)

Enjoy!!!

Special thanks to KQ and Maedze for their insight on what the video should say :)

Thanks to everybody that sent me pictures, much appreciated!
One of them (a pink Regent with a little girl) the straps looked too high so I didn't use that one. I think a couple others may not have worked properly of looked good in the slot so to the owners of those pictures I apologize :(

Anyways, here it is:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5m0hipjB-d8"]YouTube- Extended Harnessing[/ame]

ADS

InternationalMama

Great video!

I would really love it if it had another frame emphasizing maturity, perhaps explaining that younger children in boosters may unbuckle themselves (accidentally or on purpose) or get out of position, especially if they still sleep in the car. I like the thing Maedze said in the other thread about a harness keeping your child safe until they are ready to be responsible for their own safety. Or something along those lines.

babygirlsmom1005

I just wanted to add, my DH just watched both videos, and well he was overjoyed to see his kid in them but also wanted me to let you know you did a awesome job on them and he commends you very highly (his actual words) :thumbsup:

ETA: I love the music, it was perfect with all the sleeping kids LOL

AllieCanada

Both of your videos are great! Thanks so much for spending the time to make them. They're easy to read (that font is perfect) and it gets the point across. Ben was really excited to see his picture in the video as well :)

keri1292

Thanks to everybody that sent me pictures, much appreciated!
One of them (a pink Regent with a little girl) the straps looked too high so I didn't use that one.

Ah, bummer. That was Maiya. :( I love that pic because you can see the big, scary semi out her window. I'm a tech, so of course the straps weren't too high :p, but the Regent does look weird when you first move the straps to the next slot. I wouldn't want to confuse anyone, but for future reference, the Regent straps are typically way up by the ears when moved up. The slots are angled and there's quite a bit of room between them and it's extra noticeable in photos. Kinda like my MA harness always looks loose in photos due to the shine and the geometry of the harness.

Great video and I know I have quite a few FB friends that NEED to see it. :(

Thanks for making it!

MustangMama

my DH just watched both videos, and well he was overjoyed to see his kid in them but also wanted me to let you know you did a awesome job on them and he commends you very highly (his actual words) :thumbsup:
awwwww thanks DH :) :p

Ah, bummer. That was Maiya. :( I love that pic because you can see the big, scary semi out her window. I'm a tech, so of course the straps weren't too high :p, but the Regent does look weird when you first move the straps to the next slot. I wouldn't want to confuse anyone, but for future reference, the Regent straps are typically way up by the ears when moved up. The slots are angled and there's quite a bit of room between them and it's extra noticeable in photos. Kinda like my MA harness always looks loose in photos due to the shine and the geometry of the harness.

Great video and I know I have quite a few FB friends that NEED to see it. :(

Thanks for making it!

I knew that it was probably okay, but it just looked totally off from the angle of the picture so I decided to skip it. :(

steph_s

While I think it's a great video I think adding the children's ages to their pictures would be more helpful. Some of the children appear to be young in the video (I know they aren't but if you aren't familiar with the seat you don't really know it's any bigger or different than a lower harnessing seat) and seeing the ages would be helpful so people can see the true ages of the children in those seats. I just think it would be more helpful to pass around if people didn't assume it was a 2yo and really it was a 4yo in the seats.

american_mommy

Aw, I wish I had known you were doing that! I would've sent my ds pic. He is 6 1/2 and weighs about 55 lbs. Still sits in his Regent and does not ever want a booster! Poor boy had to use his sister's PW today to go with a friend to his hockey game cause dh couldn't make it home and he cried :( Not in front of his friend but last night when I told him he'd have to. He seriously considered missing his game! My dh said I have scared them all to death, but I guess it works! He actually sits better in the booster than his 8 yr old sister, who btw had to use his Regent today and still fits! I wish she had not wanted to switch from her Regent to the booster :(
Thanks for the video! Love the music too ;) I just love that song

celtic1885

Your two videos were absolutely awesome! I loved being able to pick out kiddos I "know" and am I the only one that teared up?

I'm sorry I missed the thread asking for pictures :( I have dd3 ERF at 33+ lbs and dd2 HWH at 41+ (although she's in a Regent and the straps look weird too).

THANK YOU FOR DOING THIS. I'm going to post on my facebook and hope that my brother and sil look at it. My niece is 2 days older, about 2# lighter than dd2 and they have her in a booster - backless no less.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
The video looks great!

If you decide to alter it to include ages/weights of children pictured, I have a few other suggestions. You have some minor grammatical errors that aren't a huge issue, but could be fixed if you are already altering the video. If decide not to include changes, I wouldn't worry about the errors.

1) Five-point harness is a compound adjective, which means that it needs to be hyphenated.

2) You have some subject-verb-agreement issues. If you only referring to one child, you should not use the pronouns "they" or "them." I can't remember in which slide that was a problem, but I recall seeing it at least once.

3) You have at least one run-on sentence. I recall seeing a sentence in which you used a emdash or endash to separate two sentences. That is not correct grammar. You need a period or a semi-colon. Since I can't remember what the sentence said, I am not sure if a semi-colon would be correct or not. I need to go watch the video again.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
The music is nice. :)

I'm wondering if it may be possible to re-phrase the slide at the 1:59 mark. It currently states that many booster seats position the lap belt too high which can lead to internal injuries. My concern is that someone seeing that slide could decide that many boosters are just a bad thing and not use a booster as a result... And we know that boosters save lives and reduce injuries significantly. Maybe if you re-worded it to say something along the lines of "a child who is unable to sit still in a booster may not be in a position that allows the seatbelt to protect her in a collision."

Is there a reason for the 1 slide that is solely rf'ing kids? It's a cute picture but somewhat out of place for a HWH video. :eek:

You definitely have talent when it comes to making videos. :)

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Lol Trudy I was wondering the same thing; I added that in as a joke, I didn't think she would use it :eek: But she was over 4, so it would technically be EH.

What seat is that at 1:51?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC