Evenflo Serenade

scoutingbear

So, my favorite past time when I have time now, is walking through BRU and examining the infant seats. I was so excited this last time when there was a seat that I hadn't felt up before. Infinite harness adjusting, nice low straps (it was sitting in between two graco infant seats), RF to 35 pounds. I liked the way it looked and felt. I began looking for an instruction manual (not attached) and then came across the sticker on the side "Handle should not be in carry position or (can't remember what they called the other positon) in the car." Stupid evenflo and their handle rules.

ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Stupid evenflo and their handle rules.

As long as it doesn't stick out miles behind the shell and have the same clearance rules, I'm not bothered... The Peg Perego seat has the handle down requirement too, and until just last year most of the Dorel/Cosco seats did - though they made the change retroactive... The First Years infant seats, Baby Trend, and maybe some others that I'm not thinking of also require the handle down in the car. :shrug-shoulders:

The biggest issue with the old style Evenflo handles was the clearance rule, combined with the fact that the handle already sat a good 4" behind the shell of the seat... so they were just a space hog.

I understand Evenflo being crucified for the old handle rules, but with the re-design and appearance that it doesn't sit so far away from the shell, I don't know that handle down is a huge issue anymore... they're certainly not alone in the requirement anyways. :twocents:

scoutingbear

I was curious to know more, but no instruction book (and the BRU near my work doesn't ever seem to have any employees working at it...ever!) Next time I'm there I'll try to find out more. (I personally wouldn't remember to keep a handle down, esp if transporting the seat and popping it in each time.)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC