TF and TFP Colors

newbiema

I am thinking about getting a TF or TFP for my new car, which is a 2010 Ford Fusion! Obviously safety always comes first, but I would like whatever seat I choose to look good in the car as well :cool: My car's exterior color is Sport Blue (which is approximately the color of this guy ==> :thumbsup:) and the interior is Black, so I would like a seat blends well with the car.

In terms of the TF, the Aurora Black would obviously work, but I was wondering if the Misty Morning might look decent as well? From what I can tell, the Misty Morning color is mainly Black and Grey, with a light blue color padding in the middle... is this correct? I know online pics can be a little deceiving when it comes to color, so I thought someone on here might be able to confirm this or set me straight if I am wrong.

Also, it looks like the TFP only comes in an awkward looking navy blue color... is this correct? This is not a total dealbreaker, but it would have been nice if they designed a cover that would look better in cars with a black or grey interior... who even has a navy blue interior?!?!?

Also, unrelated to color, could anyone explain how the TF is different from the TFP? I heard that the harness adjusting is a little easier with the TFP than the TF. If that is the only difference, I think I would definitely go with the TF over the TFP, espeically since it is a bit less pricey. However, if there are other differences, I may reconsider. TIA!!

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The TFP comes in cranberry as well (see my siggy), and it has an antirebound bar as the main difference, plus two recline positions rear and forward facing, and another level adjuster.

Wendy

babygirlsmom1005

Here's a IRL pic of the Blue TFP

IMG_5084.jpg

and in my siggy you can see the Cranberry

newbiema

Aahhhh, the Cranberry looks a little nicer than the Navy... I will have to keep searching to see if I can find one.

I might be a little clueless here, but what is a Anti-Rebound bar :confused: Also, do you know off the top of your head what the different recline positions are? DS is almost 11 months, so he doesn't necessarily need an infant incline; however, his head does fall forward sometimes when he falls asleep in his EFTA. It doesn't appear to bother him or disrupt his breathing, but I dunno... I don't like it :thumbsdown: I would be interested in a seat that could recline a bit more than 30 degrees, or whatever the norm is on RF Convertibles.

newbiema

babygirlsmom - I just saw your pic of the Blue TFP... that actually looks alot nicer than the stock pics I have found on BRU and Amazon. It actually looks pretty close to the exterior color of my car (more of a blue-blue, not navy), so it might be a nice match :)

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Good luck finding the Cranberry. :( There's a thread going on in the Shopping forum about how apparently, they're discontinuing it.

OTOH, apparently new covers are coming in January...

newbiema

OOOOoooo, January you say?!?! You have definitely peeked my interest :thumbsup: Do you know of anywhere that has a sneakpeak? As much as I would like to get another carseat for DS sooner than later, it is not super urgent... I might be able to hold off until January if they introduce a really spiffy color.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
No, I don't think we've seen the new colors for the TFP yet. You could PM some of our retailers who are members here and see if they know anything about when we'll find out.

InternationalMama

If you go to the sponsor's forum Kids N Cribs has a thread with a link to some of the new TF and TFP colors. :) (Sorry, going to bed or I'd go grab the link myself.)

Pixels

I might be a little clueless here, but what is a Anti-Rebound bar :confused: Also, do you know off the top of your head what the different recline positions are? DS is almost 11 months, so he doesn't necessarily need an infant incline; however, his head does fall forward sometimes when he falls asleep in his EFTA. It doesn't appear to bother him or disrupt his breathing, but I dunno... I don't like it :thumbsdown: I would be interested in a seat that could recline a bit more than 30 degrees, or whatever the norm is on RF Convertibles.

An anti rebound bar goes up the back of the vehicle seat, to prevent the carseat from rotating towards the vehicle seat back. It's only for use rear facing.

There aren't really different recline positions. Like most carseats, it's either reclined for rear facing, or upright for forward facing. Then you use installation tricks to adjust the recline to get 45 for a newborn or more upright for an older child. It is worth noting that the TrueFit must be 45-35 degrees, which is different from other convertibles which are 45-30 degrees.

Most convertibles, if you install with the "This line must be parallel to the ground" line parallel to the ground, are around 45 degrees. You can't have a child more reclined than that except in a few extreme (very special needs) cases.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member

The norm is 45º, with options to install more upright for older kids, generally. But angles are also dependent upon the backseat. For my baby I needed five pool noodles and the seat in the reclined position to get it to 45º. On a flat seat I may not have needed anything. So I can only say that the recline positions are one, and then one a little more reclined.

You can see the anti-rebound foot here.

4196081820_9788f8e857.jpg

It acts in a similar way to a rear facing tether. It prevents the carseat from rebounding during a frontal collision.

Wendy

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
There aren't really different recline positions. Like most carseats, it's either reclined for rear facing, or upright for forward facing. Then you use installation tricks to adjust the recline to get 45 for a newborn or more upright for an older child. It is worth noting that the TrueFit must be 45-35 degrees, which is different from other convertibles which are 45-30 degrees.

Actually there are. There are two for the TFP. Not on the TF. It's got a handle and it adjusts more reclined slightly, and according to the manual they can be used either rear or forward facing.

It's not a lot, just a few degrees, but the TFP has two recline positions, adjusted by a big yellow handle.

Wendy

newbiema

Wow, that link is great! I totally dig the Geo Black color. I may need to muster up some patience and wait until that seat is available ;)

Sounds like the anti-rebound bar is a nice option. I am assuming it is still ok if there is no bar or tether for RF seats as well? My ETFA has a tether, but the manual said not to use it RFing.

The TFP might be a good option for us. For the most part, DS seems very comfortable in an upright RF position, but an extra couple degrees of incline might be nice for when he takes a nap. His muscle tone is towards the lower range of normal.. this doesn't really affect him when he is awake, but he is a limp noodle when he sleeps.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
It's fine if a seat doesn't have a bar or tether rear facing. Very few do.

I don't think you can just recline it on the fly. You recline it, then install it. Reclining on the fly would change the angle, and the way the seat is installed it would either strain against the seatbelt, or loosen the install.

I really like our seat. But it's not the favorite of everyone.

Wendy

newbiema

I don't think you can just recline it on the fly. You recline it, then install it. Reclining on the fly would change the angle, and the way the seat is installed it would either strain against the seatbelt, or loosen the install.

I totally hear you on that! I just meant keeping it at a couple degree deeper incline at all times... not enough that he would notice while awake (he was defnitely getting aggravated with the deep incline when he was stilll in his Safe Seat), but just inclined enough so his head is less likely to fall forward.

newbiema

BTW, for everyone who has the TFP or TF, how is the RF fit to your vehicle? This car would be for a 2010 Ford Fusion... it's backseat is pretty spacious, but I dunno... that extra headrest looks intimidatingly tall. Thoughts?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC