a few pix of the kiddos in the xtsls

ame0312

(flora & bentley)
PICT1200.jpg

PICT1202.jpg

PICT1201.jpg

ADS

featherhead

They look nice and comfy! For the little guy I think I would move the headwings all the way up, unless they can come down a little further. Right now they don't look like they are in a very good spot.:twocents:

crunchierthanthou

They look nice and comfy! For the little guy I think I would move the headwings all the way up, unless they can come down a little further. Right now they don't look like they are in a very good spot.:twocents:

Yup. :) I believe the manual says that they need to be on the top setting until he's on the 3rd harness slots. You can't use the headwings on the two lowest slots. basically, keep them up out of the way until his head is completely between them when they are lowered.

JOII

Yup. :) I believe the manual says that they need to be on the top setting until he's on the 3rd harness slots. You can't use the headwings on the two lowest slots. basically, keep them up out of the way until his head is completely between them when they are lowered.

Was there a manual change at some point? Because my XT (NOT SL) with a DOM of 12/08 (I believe) says to have the headrest at its LOWEST point when using the bottom two slots.

crunchierthanthou

Was there a manual change at some point? Because my XT (NOT SL) with a DOM of 12/08 (I believe) says to have the headrest at its LOWEST point when using the bottom two slots.

yes, pretty much right off the bat. They covered it in the review on carseatblog.com (Feb 03, 2009) -

Please Note: There is an error in the XT instruction manual. On page 30 of the manual is states: “Proper Height: When using the bottom two harness slots, position head support at its lowest location.” This is incorrect. You actually need to position the headrest at its highest location when using either of the two bottom harness slots. Subsequent versions of the manual will state the correct information.

here's the correct version of the manual - http://www.skjp.com/simg/19544804.pdf

JOII

Thanks so much.

Strange though as my manual has the same "number" on the back (Manual-US-rev0-103008) but still says lowest :confused:

Oh well. Thanks for the link!

DahliaRW

My 2 1/2 yo is here next to me and saw your pics and said "oh, sleeping baby" and then the other pick "oh, wake up baby!" Cute kiddos and they look so cozy in their seats!

ame0312

Nice pics!! Love all the cheeks :love:

What kind of van is that? How is the leg room for the driver?
05 grand caravan... leg room is fine... im not super tall though

im guessing an 06 caravan :whistle:
close... lol...

is that the bentley pattern??? it looks plush like the flora, is it?
yes, bentley... yes, plush...

My 2 1/2 yo is here next to me and saw your pics and said "oh, sleeping baby" and then the other pick "oh, wake up baby!" Cute kiddos and they look so cozy in their seats!
lol!
Yup. :) I believe the manual says that they need to be on the top setting until he's oin the 3rd harness slots. You can't use the headwings on the two lowest slots. basically, keep them up out of the way until his head is completely between them when they are lowered.

he is on the 3rd slots...theyre right at his shoulders... i use cloth so im sure that contributes...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC