Chicco KeyFit30 carseat stuck to the base

smariner

My son's Chicco car seat that we've been using for the past 8 months is now stuck to the base & I'm unable to remove it :-(
I was able seperate the car seat only after turning the base (and the car seat) upside down & unlock them. Obviously, I can't do this each time.

Any ideas on how to resolve this issue?

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Have you checked to see if anything was stuck in the lever that separates the seat from the base (where you pull) or in the base itself? Wiped the seat and base down with a damp cloth? Made sure the harness is attached correctly to the splitter plate, and not twisted? Have you called Chicco to see what they suggest?

smariner

Have you checked to see if anything was stuck in the lever that separates the seat from the base (where you pull) or in the base itself? Wiped the seat and base down with a damp cloth? Made sure the harness is attached correctly to the splitter plate, and not twisted? Have you called Chicco to see what they suggest?

Thanks for your response.
I was able to fix the issue. It turned out that the unlocking button on the car seat was jammed. I tried moving it sideways & vertically -- this seemed to fix the issue.

Pretty wierd! I had a very good opinion of chicco till this happened.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I have never heard of this happening, and have a very good opinion of Chicco's car seats (though I've heard mixed things about their strollers. ;) ) If you feel this is something that was caused by a defect in the car seat, rather than getting dirty or the way it was used, it might be worth a call to Chicco, just to let them know you had the issue. :)

JCatano

I am having the same problem! My chicco Key Fit 30 car seat is stuck to the base all of a sudden and I cannot take it out of the car. Did you have to remove the entire system (base and car seat) from the car to then try to get them unstuck? What is the unlock button?
PLEASE help!!!!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC