Sharing pics/review on the Coccoro with a newborn

Kelllilee

I just got this seat for my new little baby (she's not quite 1 month). I'm not terribly regular on here, but I thought I'd share :p

I've used this seat rear facing and forward facing with LATCH. Used in several different vehicles (Pt Cruiser, Honda Ridgeline, Toyota Corolla, VW Jetta)

Don't have any pics in-car of forward facing though. Listing likes/dislikes in categories so hopefully its easier to read.

Forward facing with 2.5 year old
* easy to install rock solid
* harness height is easy to adjust. Has an easy-to-remove cover over the back of the seat where the harness straps are
* very easy to loosen/tighten with child in seat
* compact, yet still offers good room to grow

Dislikes:

* 40lb weight limit

Rear facing with newborn
* easy to loosen/tighten with child in seat
* infant insert cradles perfectly - no head movement/flopping
* infant insert stays in place, yet is easy to remove when needed
* adjusting harness strap height can be done without uninstalling
* loops on the side of the seat hold the harness out of the way and make getting a squirmy baby in much easier

Dislikes:

* tricky to install well RF. Had to use a pool noodle/towel
* you have to puzzle together the clip before you can buckle it. Hard to do with a small child because there isn't much room between the chest clip and the buckle
* a little tricky to be sure the straps are snug enough, that's getting easier with use though. -update, after 3 weeks of use I can get her in and snug very quickly, just took a big of practice

General
* Lots of fun colors
* very compact, fits easily in small cars, even rear facing
* cover is machine washable
* good storage options for the latch if not in use
* Latch is easy to reroute for FF or RF
* excess strap snaps together so it doesn't get in the way or lost
* easy access to the latch path to make sure its not twisted and to help with install
* all three of my children *could* use it (4.5, 2.5, newborn). Oldest child is at the maximum for fitting.

Dislikes:

* tricky RF install
* material of the cover might snag easily (heard from other people, haven't actually had that problem myself)
* puzzle clip

Pics:
straps are right at her shoulders (15.5" torso)
003.jpg

008.jpg

2.5 year old was measured at 36" yesterday, she was probably around 34-35" when this pic was taken (she has a long torso)
002-1.jpg

007.jpg

baby was roughly 8.5lbs and 21" at the time of photo
004.jpg

005.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

DahliaRW

Cute pics! Thanks for sharing! If you ever use it with a newborn again, you might consider taking the harness covers off, it can help the harness fit tighter.

Kelllilee

Cute pics! Thanks for sharing! If you ever use it with a newborn again, you might consider taking the harness covers off, it can help the harness fit tighter.

I've been thinking about doing that actually for the same reason. Its hard to tell if its snug with those on. Wish they could be taken off without rethreading though (that's my lazy side speaking LOL )

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Have you tried the 2 year old rear-facing in it? It looks like she might just fit, but when rear-facing she might not-- hard to tell...

(And I am half amused, half chagrined, that your 4.5 year old and my 1.5 year old have about the same torso height. In fact, I haven't measured her lately, my 1.5 year old may have a longer torso than her...)

thepeach80

Senior Community Member

According to Combi, the strap covers are supposed to squish up to be more comfortable for the baby, like head supports.

steph_s

I'm not sure a con is really the 40lb weight limit. Not many kids are really going to make it to 40lbs in this seat with such a short shell. I'm too shocked at your 4yo's short torso! I wish! My munchkins all have huge torso heights!

armywife12

Cute pics. I have this on my list of seats when we have another baby. If the next is anything like my son, it won't last long at all though. Caleb's head was already over the shell and he would be on the top slots (with very little growing room) at 28 months old. I doubt he would even fit until 3. I still want the seat though lol

Kelllilee

Have you tried the 2 year old rear-facing in it? It looks like she might just fit, but when rear-facing she might not-- hard to tell...

(And I am half amused, half chagrined, that your 4.5 year old and my 1.5 year old have about the same torso height. In fact, I haven't measured her lately, my 1.5 year old may have a longer torso than her...)

She would be okay rear facing in it. I'd have to double check the strap height though, I'm pretty sure you can't use the top harness slot RF, but second to top I think you can.

I was really surprised that my oldest could technically fit in there. But I think now she wouldn't. I took the pics back in September, but she's grown at least 1" and a pound or so since then. She's allll legs though lol

I guess my kids would all get a good 3-4 years of use from the seat, but it just depends on the child! my youngest is built very similarly to my oldest so I'm sure she'll be in it until my oldest is ready for a booster.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC