Vent need a babysitter again....

libranbutterfly

I thought I had at least figured out who my babysitter was going to be next semester, but today she told me that the ONLY way she could get the classes that she has to take next semester is to have Monday and Wednesday classes. DH got transfered from his Wednesday class, but I need a sitter for Monday nights. I have had a few volunteers, but they all work until 6 at the daycare, so they would have to be able to leave seats in their cars that I would go over proper use of, and most don't have room in their cars. 3-4 of the people who have volunteered, have Monday night classes.One other girl's licence is suspended, and her boyfriend always has other people I don' know in the car when he picks her and her son up, which I wouldn't want with my girls in the car because 1. I don know these people AT ALL and 2. There would not be enough room for everyone to have a seatbelt. I also think that, with as tiny of a car as she has, (honda civic) I would have to convince her to use a different seat for her son as well, or three seats would not fit. I need to check with one girl who no longer works at the center, but she works at another center and also has classes (unsure of days) But if she does not have class, then there is always the chance that she will be scheduled to work until 6 at the other center. If I had someone who DH could drop the girls off too at 4:45-5, or someone who could be at my house at 4:45 to 5 so DH could get to class, it would be ok. I don't understand why this is so difficult! I would REALLY rather stick with someone I already know, since I will be stressed enough with my classes and work and everything else, and my girls take a long time to warm up to someone.

I know you guys aren't going to be able to help much with this, I am just frustrated. Maybe someone sees the easy solution I am missing? I don't know.

ADS

Auburn

That's such a bummer. Childcare stress is awful. I'm sorry.

Can you put up a notice that other parents at the center can see. Maybe one of the other moms would be interested in earning a few extra bucks by taking your children home with them after they pick up their own kids?? And that way at least your kids would know the other child which might ease the transition? I hope you figure something out soon. I had an awful time arranging care before my parents moved to be closer to us. I sympathize.

Mom2FiveGirls

I know exactly how you feel!!! I'm taking classes at night and figuring out my schedule for next semester was a pain. I managed to get all evening classes (well evenings and a Saturday class...ugg...), but 2 nights a week I'll have class starting at 5:30 (so I'll need to leave the house by 5:00 and DH doesn't get off until 5:00 and doesn't get home until around 5:30, so I've got to find someone who can watch all five girls for 30 minutes-an hour 2 nights a week. I thought I had found someone who could come over here but her car broke down, they don't have money to get another one, so she has no transportation since her DH takes their only car to work and he works the evenings I have class. I can't take them anywhere because all five of them won't fit in DH's car! So now I'm back at square 1 and its SO frustrating! I'm hoping and praying I can get into the same class online (all online classes were full when I registered) at late registration, but I'm thinking that's probably not going to happen.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC