Can someone tell me how wide the My Ride is

tracee877

at its widest (which would be across the cup holders I'm guessing). Or if it's wider than a MA or TF? TIA!

ADS

armywife12

I have measured it before but I cant remember what it was. I want to say it was 19 inches wide but I can't be sure. I'm almost positive that it isn't wider than the True Fit though.

NannyMom

It is wider than the TF. There are a ton of measurements in the review.

The widest part of the seat is at the cup holders, and it measures 20.5 inches. The widest at the head is 18.5- 19 inches. For comparison, the widest part of the True Fit is 19 inches.

tracee877

Thanks everyone. It won't work then.:( In my 2nd row each seating position has a back that folds down independently. DS1 folds down the middle back to get to the 3rd row. The MA and TF are just barely narrow enough to fit outboard so that it can fold down. So that means DS2 will go FF at 35 lbs. The RN and CA are incompatible with my car and the MR won't fit. :thumbsdown:

NannyMom

Thanks everyone. It won't work then.:( In my 2nd row each seating position has a back that folds down independently. DS1 folds down the middle back to get to the 3rd row. The MA and TF are just barely narrow enough to fit outboard so that it can fold down. So that means DS2 will go FF at 35 lbs. The RN and CA are incompatible with my car and the MR won't fit. :thumbsdown:

Can you fold down an outboard seat instead? I feel your pain. I hate the CA, the MR is too wide to flip our seats. But at least I can put a RN outboard if I have to. But if your DS is still 23 pounds, you've got awhile until 35.... maybe we'll have more seat options by then ;)

tracee877

Can you fold down an outboard seat instead? I feel your pain. I hate the CA, the MR is too wide to flip our seats. But at least I can put a RN outboard if I have to. But if your DS is still 23 pounds, you've got awhile until 35.... maybe we'll have more seat options by then ;)

I've tried and it just doesn't work as well. He does have plenty of time so hopefully there will be more options. If they could just up the RF limit on the TF...

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I find that the MR is funny in that it fits places that it "shouldn't," so when you get to that point (in another ten pounds or so,) if there aren't any other options, I would at least take your vehicle to BRU and try it. Even though it's slightly wider than the TF, because the TF is wide at the base and the MR in the center, you may be able to put the base of the MR just a bit closer over to the door and still be able to make it work.

The funky shape of the MR has actually made it a go-to seat in tight 3 acrosses for me. I never would have thought... so go figure. LOL.

And as NannyMom says... by the time your DS gains 10lbs, hopefully there will be other seat options for you :)

(ETA: I don't know how your vehicle works, or who you regularly have to transport, but can you fold down that middle, leave it down for DS1's passageway, and then install the seat with it folded down?)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC