Evenflo Serenade

NannyMom

So I went to BRU today. I saw the Deco MR, and kinds like it :) I also got to see the Serenade (I had them take it out fo the box for me). I was not terribly impressed.

BabyS is 24 pounds, 11.5 months, and barely fit. She fit fine height wise, even had 2ish inches (maybe more) above her head. But the harness was loosened all the way, and she just fit. I buckled her (with her thin fleece jacket) and it was the proper tightness (with it loosened all the way). Not sure how they expect any child to make it anywhere near 35 pounds.

I did NOT read the manual today, but it didn't look like there was any way to lengthen the harness. It tightens at the hips like the EFTA, but has the pull strap like the Symphony. I saw where the harness was attached in the back, and no way to lengthen it.

BabyS is close to outgrowing the SS1 in height, but I think she still has alot of harness.

I have pics, but am running out of time. Let's see if I can get at least one on for you ;)

Back of seat, harness at shoulders:
View attachment 5973

Space above BabyS' head. And the cover is pretty tight at the top, not puffing to look like more room:
View attachment 5974

ETA: The red tabs are narrower than the harness :thumbsup:

Last edited:
ADS

Genevieve

CPST Instructor
Great shell height! But that isn't really going to matter much if there isn't enough harness length to accomodate. I still would never buy it simply because of the handle down rule. Way too annoying for me when there are other seats similarly priced that don't have that rule.

NannyMom

I liked the shell height too. BabyS is a chunker, so maybe a thinner child could get more height out of it.

It seemed really lightweight. I know some people think that's good, but to me heavier seats seem sturdier, more to protect my child.

I did not like the sure latch :thumbsdown: I did all but stand on the base (on the test bench) and still couldn't get less than 1 inch of movement. I'll have to try the symphony again.

The infant pillow looked like it might be nice. It attaches around the strip of cover between the harness guides.

Last edited:

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
My personal opinion is that manufacturers purposefully put straps on seats that result in them being barely long enough when a child is close to the height limit. I think they have 2 reasons... 1st being that if it's just long enough, then a kid who is way too tall won't fit the harness. 2nd being it prevents the use of bulky snowsuits to a certain degree. It just seems that so many infant seats have this same situation when kids get bigger.

That handle really reminds me of the handle on the Via infant seat. I really wish that there was a sign the serenade would be in Canada next year. It seems like a big improvement over the embrace at any rate, and people want lightweight seats when it comes to infant carriers.

the engineer said all evenflo seats will be changing to that (at least the sliding height adjust ones). :)

The symphonies that we just got in have them, I expect the new pattern EFTA to have them too come the new year. :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC