RF video

Splash

Okay, suggestions?

I think we should start with an infant (Wyatt or Ilana maybe?) in an infant seat as the first shot. Then it could say "You know babies start out rear facing, but do you know why?" Then show a pic from the BBB car seat board showing an infants spine. Then maybe another shot of a slightly older baby, and the shot of his/her spine. Then a shot of a kid almost a year old, getting ready for the big turn around. Then show the crash test images of RF vs FF, as well as maybe the analogy of the twizzler in the spinal cord. Maybe someone could even SHOW the twizzler breaking? Then some shots of kids over one year old, several in a row. Then talk about how in Sweden (norway, etc) kids RF for several years and have a low rate of death. Then another kid, maybe a 2 year old? Then a shot of the spine of that child. Then something about injury/death rates for FF for RF kids. Then the final spine shot and end it with Piper or Bitsy or some other 4+ year old child still RF. Maybe several of them.

Dispel the "broken leg" myth, and show how comfortable kids are. OH! And maybe a FF kid who still props/folds his legs, showing that kids PREFER doing that.

I've only got pictures of Charlie in his infant seats and Britax. I definitely think we need something other than Britax for a lot of the shots. Britax is great, but we don't want to turn it into a Britax fest, since most people don't own them.

Suggestions? Improvements? Does anyone even KNOW HOW to do a YouTube slideshow? I can put it together, I think, if everyone sends me the stuff.

And music... songs with words? Instrumental? Tears in Heaven? (Okay, the last one might be going too far....)

ADS

honeybee03

these may seem like some kind of "duh" stuff but:
-don't forget to explain that the straps must be at/below the shoulders and why (to prevent ramping up the back etc)
-don't forget to explain how important the angle of the seat is (too upright for a newborn could cause breathing problems, too reclined can make them ramp up the back and put the load into the shoulder straps instead of being spread evenly across the shell)
-don't forget to explain about using the correct belt path
-don't forget to mention to read in your manual if you need to leave x amount of space between the CR and the front seats, and also about how some seats can be tethered RFing but unless the manual says, others cannot be
-don't forget to mention to read in the manual to see what position the handle needs to be in when in the car

lovinwaves

Then it could say "You know babies start out rear facing, but do you know why?" ....)

I think this is very important to say, because honestly when my DD was a baby I really had no idea *why* she was rear-facing. Once it explained to me, it was only common sense to keep her rear-facing to the limits of her seat. I'm sure a lot of people have their infants rear-facing and don't really truely know *why* or understand *why*.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I have graco snugride and comfortsport rearfacing pictures.

There should also be something about expiry date (that they expire) and where the straps should be and why.

Also maybe it should be somewhere that the front of the infant cocoons and is supposed to move, but at the belt it should be tight?!

Last edited:

lovinwaves

There should also be something about expiry date (that they expire) and where the straps should be and why.

This is a very good point, because again the strap *thing* is very confusing to most people. If they understood why the straps should be at or below rear-facing it will make it easier for them to remember. Maybe explain how the child ramps up. That would also help them understand why the child needs an inch of shell for rear-facing.

Simplysomething

Also, don't forget to get permission to use the images from the other boards, websites, etc.

The music, I don't know, the wrong song could turn people off.

I don't have any Britax seats. So, if we need to show a baby in the cheap seats, I've got that! lol

Stresch

Sanna is going to be a year old in 2 weeks (how did that happen?!). But she isn't 20 lbs yet, so she's not a really good example of kid who could be turned but isn't.

Personally, I think there should (also?) be a video like "david was a happy, outgoing two year old..." blah blah with all the pictures of little davey smiling with friends and family. Then, something like his family was involved in a major car accident. Thankfully, he was still rearfacing and properly restrained in a properly restrained car seat. He survived unhurt and is now a happy three year old...blah blah. Of course, it would need to be true, so we couldn't do that without someone who actually was involved in a crash with their kids.

rachel3612

Senior Community Member
I think non Britax seats with older kids is good. People need to see that they don't have to spend a ton of money just to keep their kids safer.

Rachel

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
I think we need to start compiling pictures somewhere, but I have no idea how to do that. Can we start a new thread and we can all post our rf pictures there? And then we'll all decide which ones to use? Would you be able to copy/paste pictures out of a post into a slide show or how would that work? I definitely don't know alot about this stuff. I have some of the non-Britax seats, too (Touriva, Intera, Triumph). I have a feeling that lots of people have pictures to contribute, so we're going to have to weed some of them out. I also think in the RF video, it would be a good idea to mention that most convertible seats can't be tethered RF because I have seen several people with rf non-Britax non-SK seats tethered because they assume its better that way.

Alicia-N-2SafeBugs

Senior Community Member
It seems like a very common misconception that I run into is that people don't know about convertible seats...they think that once a kid is out of the infant carrier, a FF is the only option. I know so many who have kids who have outgrown the infant carrier, but aren't a year yet, so they keep them in that b/c they just don't know what to do.

I would think that you'd need full size photos in order to get good picture quality on the video...maybe someone can create an email address (with lots of storage!!) that we can email full size pictures to when the time comes.

tjham

I almost wish there could be 2 versions.:eek: Maybe one with info involving kids up to 2 yrs old or so, then another going whole hog. I know, a lot more work and unrealistic, but still...

Awhile ago, I posted the site with the rear facing album and it really set some people off! They were so put off by 4 yr olds RF that I think they missed the message and would have refused to RF longer at all.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
Go for it! :) I have pics of AJ all the way up to 34# rfing and none of them are Britax, one shot is a Scenera. I have pics of him ffing too. Evan has shots rfing too, but he's little too so I'm not sure he's the best subject for a shot for his age. He could easily pass for 1. ;) Then I have those pics of Ilana in all kinds of seats.

Minniemouse

Senior Community Member
Have you seen the "videos" at CHOP's Partner's for Child Passenger Safety site?

They have FLASH movies for various topics/seats that are pretty good. I volunteered to be the "expert" on site for one day during their photo shoot. I had NO imput as to the movies themselves (they were storyboarded way before I even knew about it) but it was cool to be involved w/ the project.

You may get some ideas from there...

SPJ&E

So I've got pictures of Joshua as a newborn in the Snugride and Scenera (but in the house, not in the car) and pictures of him in the Snugride as he's grown (in and out of the car). I've got tons of Pacey from about 1 year old and up RF in the Marathon and DC and an awesome one in the Scenera the day before he turned 2 years old. I have a few of Pacey somewhere RF in the Triumph when he was around 5 months old. We just need to figure out a place to send or post the pictures and we can all just post them and decide from there which pictures would be the best to get the point across.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
This is a great idea, guys!!!

I can't contribute any photos of kids RF in carseats, but I can help out in another way if you need something. :)

Dillipop

I could get pics of my 6 month old, almost 20 pounder in a safeseat, marathon, radian or titan, if you need them.

steph

The first song that came to my mind was The Fray's "how to save a life" - too literal???

Ryan is 10 months and 23ish pounds if you need some pics.

I'll search for some song suggestions.

TXDani

Senior Community Member
This sounds like it is going to be a great video! I have an almost 6 year old who is 49" and about 56 lbs. I have a newly turned two little boy who is tall and thin. And I have an almost 4 month old who is a chunk but short. I have a Decathlon, Boulevard, Parkway, Turbo Booster, and PP Primo Viaggio SIP. Let me know if you need any pics of anything.

Pawy

So are you gals right to make the video once you have all the pics.... or do you need some one.?

Just let me know iam here if you need me..

Paul

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC