Boulevard review on BRU.com

Splash

I can't imagine this is true. This can't be possible, can it? If it is, holy crap! What a testament!

I was recently in an accident where I got t-boned at 95+ miles per hour. My 2-year-old son was on the side of impact. I was driving, and I got seriously injured. My son was jumping on the bed an hour later, eating a popsicle at the hospital. He did not even have a scratch on him. The officer at the scene said if he were in any other type of car seat, he would have had serious or fatal injuries! This is an amazing car seat! I find it comfortable for my children, and it's easy for me to work as well. This was worth every penny!

ADS

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Not possible.... The child would have still been being watched in the hospital & the driver would likely be paralyzed or have suffered brain trauma or simply be dead -- at the very least the adult would sitll be in the hospital receiving some kind of care.

Splash

Well it does say he was in the hospital. Jumping on the bed eating a popsicle, but in the hospital.
Heck, even at 35 MPH I'd be impressed. But 95... I just don't think it's possible. Where is someone driving 95 MPH where there is going to be cross traffic?

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
T-boned at 95 mph and lived to tell about it? Hmmmmm. Were they hitching a ride on the CR test sled? That sounds pretty fishy to me, lol.

LuvBug

maybe the driver was going 95 down the highway, saw they were about to wreck and braked, then the 2 cars crashed and the crumple zones went into work and by the time the force got inside the cab it wasnt as much as the 95mph the car originally was driving before the wreck happened?

I think thats how most work? usually a lot of braking, then the crump zones take on some force, ect... So the impact wasnt as bad as it would be if 1 was sitting and the other was going 95mph and didnt break.

also they could have lied lol!

Splash

Right, they would turn to dust if that happened.

I know they weren't hit at 95 MPH. It's not possible. My question is where they were at that someone would be doing 95 and there is cross traffic? I can't imagine anyone doing that unless they were majorly drunk, in which case they wouldn't have been braking.

Now if someone told me that they were in a 50 MPH crash, that would impress me and I would find it more believable. Because most people don't understand that 50mph driving does not equal 50mph crashing.

honeybee03

I was once called to an accident like this.....

It was 4am in the morning and in the middle of nowhere on a rural country road.
Two young men were "booze cruising" in a 2 door grand prix and were cruising along pretty fast (they estimated the speed about 80mph) they were approaching a stop sign, but I guess since it was 4am in the middle of nowhere they didn't think anything of stopping. There were also corn fields on both sides of the road so you wouldn't be able to see if anyone was coming.....
My friends mother was on her way to the airport to pick my friend up in the new family minivan (still had the dealer plates on). They were going to go on a mother-daughter vacation. The flight left at 7am and it was a 3 hour drive to the airport, so that's why she was leaving so early.
Neither of them saw each other, nor had time to brake (remember, the corn fields) and the boys T-boned my friends mom on the drivers side.
When we got there my friends mom was DOA. She only had a scratch on the side of her face. No other visible injuries. She was wearing her seatbelt.
When we loaded her into the rig, it was quite apparent that she had a severely broken neck.
The 2 boys were seriously injured, one was airlifted and required emergency heart surgery (torn aorta)
But both of them lived and made a full recovery.
The last I knew, the driver of the grand prix (who was my other friends boyfriend) still throws up every morning when he wakes up (from the guilt/anguish of knowing he killed someone).

Just wanted to point out that accidents like that do happen, and people do survive them. I'm wondering if the minivan would have had side airbags if it would have prevented her broken neck and she would have lived too.....:(

LuvBug

maybe they live out in the middle of nowhere where teenagers drive like wildcats on friday night?
on the road to my dad's house there is a long stretch of road. it isnt an intersection just the T of it. And a classmate of mine(this was a while ago) was going 100mph down the l part of the T and it was raining and he hit the breaks too hard too close to the stopsign and slid right through. He was lucky and didnt hit anyone or the HUGE tree right infront of him, he slid to one side and just missed hitting it right on and totaled his car on 2 little ones instead(flew off a good bit into the woods). Luckily there were only minor injuries, they were wearing the seatbelts. So that was a 100mph crash after braking, sliding, flying, and hitting 2 little trees lol!

kelly

If it did happen, the child's survival likely had more to do with some 1 in a million stroke of luck in the entire crash dynamic (how the child was positioned, how the forces acted, etc).

I don't think ANY car seat can take that much credit.

southpawboston

maybe the driver was driving on I-95, lol...

plus how would the officer on the scene be able to comment on whether the child would have had injuries in another car seat? the whole thing sounds pretty sketchy to me...

that reviewer on bru.com should be flagged.

Dillipop

Unfortunately, I hear about police telling parents things like this all the time after crashes. "If he had been rfing, he would have been hurt." "It was good he was outboard, because he would have been hurt much worse if he had been in the center." "The accident wasn't that bad, you don't need to replace your seat." Etc, etc, etc.... It really wouldn't surprise me if the cop did say something about being in any other seat, the child would have fared worse. (All 3 of the above statements were said to people I know, who were in crashes.)

Splash

Uh huh. The paramedic at my SIL's crash told Mike them (I guess Mike, since she was out of it) that if he had been RF, he would have been hurt very badly. Actually in that situation I think he was probably right, but he still shouldn't have said that. He's not God, he's not an engineer, he's got no freakin clue what would have happened.
My child is outboard RF. I have a sunroof. If I roll my car and a giant log goes through my sunroof and slams into the center of the backseat so hard that it goes through the seat, and someone tells me my kid is lucky to be outboard, I'll believe them. Other than that, not so much.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I don't buy the 95 mph claim. I think maybe Southpaw is right-- maybe they were on I-95!! :) (Good one, Southpaw!).

I do believe that they were in a bad accident. I just think the 95 mph claim is an extreme exaggeration.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
My child is outboard RF. I have a sunroof. If I roll my car and a giant log goes through my sunroof and slams into the center of the backseat so hard that it goes through the seat, and someone tells me my kid is lucky to be outboard, I'll believe them. Other than that, not so much.

That would make sense! :) YOu are right though... other than that... :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC