carseat I saw today ??

LM4M

CPST Instructor
I saw a seat today when helping a friend with her DD at my DD;s school. She let me help her and give her some advice but I am so confused about this strap situation... I don't know whats up with this seat.

It looks like an older version of a scenera with no base. I mean, the thing was ancient. :( But basically it was a bare bones seat... but the harness was so strange... I'm wondering if this is how they used to be or if she did something weird to it???

The little adjuster thing on the top tether of the radian... like this http://search.aol.com/aol/imageDeta...ter</b>&imgSize=7842&hostName=carseatblog.com

But just the gray end, not the combo with the tether... THAT part was attached to the front harness between the chest and crotch buckle. And there was a loose end of strap dangling and she had to pull that to adjust it :confused: I don;t know how to explain it...

I've never had a used car seat and my oldest is 7, so maybe this is something that used to be done but I've never seen it.

I'm just going to draw a picture because I can't explain it! :eek:

ADS

Maedze

That could be any one of a number of Evenflo combination seats. Most of their combination seats, new and old, adjust that way :)

crunchierthanthou

That could be any one of a number of Evenflo combination seats. Most of their combination seats, new and old, adjust that way :)

yeah, I think they call the Chase a few other things. Traditions, Vision... They're the same basic seat and all still current models.

Didn't the Express adjust that way too? even those might not be expired yet.

I think there's an institutional version, too. We've given them away at checks. It's super bare bones. I don't think it has armrests.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member

Yep, I actually LOVED our vision with that adjuster. It works really well and is so easy to adjust. I wish I hadn't given ours away half the time...it's also narrow for 3-acrosses. If it was "bare bones" seeming, it was probably the vision..big lots had them for $30 on and off a couple years back. It's a stripped-down chase with NO padding, but still a decent FFing harnessed seat.

Maedze

yeah, I think they call the Chase a few other things. Traditions, Vision... They're the same basic seat and all still current models.

Didn't the Express adjust that way too? even those might not be expired yet.

I think there's an institutional version, too. We've given them away at checks. It's super bare bones. I don't think it has armrests.

Yeah, we used to have those. IIRC, they made the Scenera look elite and frou-frou.

Calleiah

Did it look like this?
DSC00212.jpg

This was my FP seat I had for my DD1.

ETA: This seat is old and has been in my garage for ages. Havent gotten around to destroying it yet. :D

LM4M

CPST Instructor
Our (SafeKids) brand-new Expresses look old to me. The cover is dull.

No this way old in a way where the plastic had those light colored stress marks where you can tell it's been dropped/smashed in spots. She said she hasn't bought a seat since her daughter abover my DD's age (not the one in her class) was little... I think she's 8?

And the seat she had didnt have armrests, now that I think about it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC