Ds at 4y4m still fits in a

musicmaj

ff scenera with one inch to spare in the harness. I am shocked. Boy, our scenera has definitely been worth the money for this child. Extended rfing, ff until booster age.

DS is 4, 33lbs, and about 38 inches tall. He is a peanut, but also has a shorter than average torso.

ADS

Mommy2Marcus

WOW! That is crazy. My best friend's son still fits in the Scenera at 3 1/2 with about 1 inch to grow, maybe a little more, I will measure tomorrow. I am sure he will fit for at least another year b/c he is a tiny thing to.

xursusmaritimusx

i think my DD is going to last another year at least
shes 3 yr 2 mo and has an inch to go in the scenera harness. shes got a short torso too.

im sad she'll soon be too big for this seat because its so easy to travel with!

armywife12

Wow that's awesome. I'd love my son to have a torso like that. He is 27 months old and is just under an inch from the top slot in the Scenera.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
**grumble.......**
Life is so unfair, lol.
My kid who is 11 months older than yours is at the top slots of a RADIAN.
just...but...it's....AAAAAAAGGHH!

babygirlsmom1005

If it wasn't for the 35 lbs weight limit on it, Madeline (4 years and 2 months) would still fit into it RF'ing. She also fits into it FF'ing with room to spare (I think around a inch to grow) she's now 36 lbs and 40 1/2 inches tall with a short torso (she has a 16-17 inch inseam I know that from knitting her pants).

Mom2FiveGirls

How much more harness room is there in the scerena compared to the comfortsport? I haven't actually tried DD#4 or DD#5 in a Scerena, but since I never was able to find an avenue on sale, I was thinking of buying a scerena for DD#5 to use RFing so DD#4 can also be RFing (because good gracious she's driving me crazy asking to ride backwards!). DD#4 (4yrs 3 mths) still fits in the comfort sport forward facing, but BARELY! The top of her shoulders are JUST under the harness slot. DD#5 (almost 2.5) barely fits RFing (her head is right at 1 inch below the top of the shell and she's 28-29 lbs with clothes and shoes, so she's really close to the weight limit too). They are both on the small side!

fyrfightermomma

DD2 is at the top slots but DD1 still has about 1-1.5 inches to grow FFing. :) Our spare got plenty of use by her!

I'm baffled though because DD2 is also right at the top slots of the CS. I thought the seats were very different height wise!

armywife12

How much more harness room is there in the scerena compared to the comfortsport? I haven't actually tried DD#4 or DD#5 in a Scerena, but since I never was able to find an avenue on sale, I was thinking of buying a scerena for DD#5 to use RFing so DD#4 can also be RFing (because good gracious she's driving me crazy asking to ride backwards!). DD#4 (4yrs 3 mths) still fits in the comfort sport forward facing, but BARELY! The top of her shoulders are JUST under the harness slot. DD#5 (almost 2.5) barely fits RFing (her head is right at 1 inch below the top of the shell and she's 28-29 lbs with clothes and shoes, so she's really close to the weight limit too). They are both on the small side!

I don't know the numbers but I know from trying my 28 month old out in the CS, he is over the top slots but under the Scenera top slots by at least 1/2 an inch.

Specialksw03

CPS Technician
wow my 23 month old, soon to be step daughter only has about .5 to 1 inch of torso growing room ff. she just outgrew it rf. working on getting her an xtsl

Mommy2Marcus

WOW! I just tried Marcus in the Scenera on Saturday RF & he still has a good 2-3 inches of shell above his head for RF. He also has about 1 1/2-2 inches before he reaches the top slot FF. :eek: I was shocked. I will have to try it installed for FF.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC