Vent frontier base coming apart grrr

littleangelfire

***UPDATE FROM BRITAX
My son uses the Frontier in booster mode. I glanced back today to make sure he was buckled properly, and it looked odd. Upon closer inspection, the light gray part of the base (where the cup holder is attached) has separated from the base of the seat!
4190642257_f635177a6b.jpg

And Britax is closed. sigh.

Last edited:
ADS

littleangelfire

This is the first time its done it - I didn't try to push it back in, I don't want to break anything. well, anything else. I will call tomorrow, though. Its too expensive of a seat to be coming apart like that after only 4 months of non-daily use. Of course the cheap mesh cover already looks awful, too. Not much to do about that. :rolleyes:

Heather86

Wow that's crazy....for a seat that costs that much and boasts about a 9 year life span most covers aren't making it 6 months and apparently the seats aren't fairing much better. Be sure to update when you to britax :thumbsup:

zactayaus

Mine did that too. I just snapped it back in place. I did have to use a lot of force but it's fine now and hasn't done it again since.

littleangelfire

I called Britax today, got right through, too. :) They had me email pics of the problem, and she said its likely they will need to replace the whole seat. I'll update as I know what's going on. I didn't want to be rude to her, but I really really want to mention to someone how crappy the mesh cover is, too. A few months of use and it doesn't look very good at all. Its rather cheap material to use on a seat supposed to last that long. ANYthing dripped on the mesh, even water, stains. And it snags really easy. Not good for all those pants with embellishments on them or extra zippers..

littleangelfire

Well, Britax is fast. They already called back to say that a replacement seat will ship out tomorrow, and to send ours back within 30 days.

Heather86

:thumbsup: that's great they are replacing it. I've always had good experience with there cs. The frontier just isn't britax standard imo. They have great highly sought after seat covers and people who buy seats just for the quality and the best they could come up with is mesh :rolleyes:

littleangelfire

:thumbsup: that's great they are replacing it. I've always had good experience with there cs. The frontier just isn't britax standard imo. They have great highly sought after seat covers and people who buy seats just for the quality and the best they could come up with is mesh :rolleyes:

I rather agree. The first time I ever got my hands on a MArathon I was literally in awe. Couldn't believe there really was such a difference between the walmart seats and Britax. And I'm pretty gosh darned fond of my son's Regent, too, mainly b/c it was the only solution for my big kid. I've not been as thrilled with the Frontier, even though I will continue to use it simply b/c he likes it better than any other booster AND in the future its likely to be the only one that still fits him when he needs it. So they have such a potentially great seat, but the covers are not only ugly, but so cheap! Where's the velour, man?! The cover that's on it feels exactly the same as the cheapo Cosco/Safety1st covers, which is irksome for a seat that costs almost $300.

But I am glad customer service was fast and properly responsive to the problem.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC