So, the dream is over.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
I was hoping I could get a new radian sl and re-RF dd, but member SPAM was awesome enough to let me try her radian, and I was able to verify that her head is about even with the top of the shell. :( She also, as of today, is tipping about 44 lbs anyway. :rolleyes:

So...that's it. No more pondering and thinking and wondering. She is officially too big to RF in any legal US seat. :(

It's ok, she's 5.25 yo, and a big sturdy girl, but I had these cute visions in my head of both kids RFing. lol.

Of course, she is now saying she hates her nauti and only wants to sit in her HBTB anyway, so it seems i have other battles than potential RFing to fight..... :rolleyes:

It's not a big deal, just a tiny little glint of hope has been squashed.

ADS

Maedze

I will light a candle tonight in memory of your squashed glimmer of hope. :p

What do you think you'll do about the Nauti/Turbo debate? Is she ready for full-time boostering?

BookMama

Senior Community Member
Awww, too bad you didn't buy the seat a little sooner so you could have had her RF for at least a little while.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
I will light a candle tonight in memory of your squashed glimmer of hope. :p

What do you think you'll do about the Nauti/Turbo debate? Is she ready for full-time boostering?

i knew you would understand, thanks for the candle, lol.

Actually...ya, pretty close....size-wise, definitely, she fits like a glove in the turbo and even in the frontier and nauti in booster mode (although right now she claims she hates the frontier and nauti:rolleyes:) and maturity-wise she's right there....the only issue I have right now is sleeping. She still falls asleep in the car a few times a month, and when she does, she literally folds over in half, as in her head is resting in her own lap (she's pretty flexible, lol)....I suppose locking the belt on her could help prevent that, but so would...say...the harness in her nauti. :whistle:

I think i'm going to insist on a harness for the duration of the winter, but in a few months, we'll see.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
Awww, too bad you didn't buy the seat a little sooner so you could have had her RF for at least a little while.

I comtemplated and had a nauti pre ordered, but realistically, she would have been too tall even a couple months ago. Her torso hasn't changed in the last couple months, so too tall now means she would have been too tall then. She was a little lighter a couple months ago, only about 41-42(she's gained a coulpe pounds of legs in the last month or so:)), but that would have been moot given the height issue.
And now, i'm glad I didn't get one, since the install wasn't great and she couldn't have used it anyway, and ds still has 3 fricken inches of shell over his head in a titan, LOL, so he doesn't need one!:rolleyes:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC