Did you stop using your Marathon FF after the Canadian crash tests?

todzwife

DD is still in hers, and it's making me so nervous. :eek:

Did you stop using yours? How big was your kiddo? DD is 32 pounds, so no where near the limit of the seat.

ADS

NannyMom

There have been a few threads like this since the results came out. I think I've always said I'd use it FF. But now I really wonder. I want another MA, but don't want to deal with more Britax seats FF (I alrerady have a rf BV and rf MA).

Shanora

I'm still using mine, and I, honestly, have no concerns....I just moved the seat in front of it a little further forward....to give more head room.

Mama Jo

Can someone link the thread with the Canadian crash tests? I was kind of MIA when it was posted and kept meaning to come back to it, but forgot to bookmark it. :eek:

todzwife

Thanks :) DD's is installed w/ the seat belt but it IS tethered in the back. She's also nowhere NEAR the weight limit.

3plus2isme

I did. One of them was in a civic and after seeing the crash tests I was too disturbed to keep using it with my 40lber. He was so upset about not using his cow seat anymore and I thought I'd keep the other one in the truck but we didn't even keep that one.

tiggercat

I stopped using it in our Caravan, but still use it in the (rarely used) Camry. I will happily use it RF for our baby when he is out of his SR32.

ZephyrBlue

I didn't buy the MA I was planning on getting for baby #4, if that counts ;)

Honestly, I'd use it RF without any hesitation. No way in heck FF, though.

ginny4

my 40lb DS is in a FPSVD. not technically a MA but close enough. its in a caravan, FFing of course. i'm somewhat OK with it. i'd prefer him in a different seat but really i just can't buy another harnessed seat for a short period of time. my DD will be moving out of her regent in about 6months & then my DS will move out of the FPSVD. it also made no sense to put one in a less safe place in order to put my other in a *maybe* safer place. DD is not ready for a booster full time yet so that's why i'm waiting

bubbaray

I did stop using one around the same time in my Honda van, but b/c I was rear-ended and insurance replaced with a FR. DD#2 still uses a FFg MA in DH's Toyota truck.

macmomma

I am using it ERF right now but have really no concerns using it FF when he reaches the 33 pound mark. The way he is going he will be at least 4 years old before he reaches 33 pounds:rolleyes:

pastrygirl

We're still using them FF here, but the primary car has a FF RN. I'm itching to replace the FF MAs with a Frontier/Nautilus, but I have to wait a couple of months so that I "need" to pass down the MAs for RF. The videos aren't enough for my husband to want to stop using them FF now, especially since we don't have the cars in question.

rodentranger

I won't put ODS ff in the MA anymore, no. I will continue to use them for YDS as long as he's rf. I use the TF, GN and FR for ODS, and my MA's for YDS.

Jennifer mom to my 7

And this is where I usually like to point out that although the harness ripped through the shell, there was not any added injury criterion to the dummys in the seats. The still faired within the injury criterion limits.

musicmaj

I am using my fpsv ff with my 33lb son. I can not afford to purchase another seat right now. I am ok with using it to 40lbs and then switching him to a booster.

Valentine

My 2.5-yr-old son is currently ERF in two MA's. When he reaches the RF limit, yes we will continue to use them FF, according to the manual's specifications, until he either outgrows them entirely or passes them down to a hypothetical future RF sibling.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC