Question Hook onto chair booster/highchairs

lovinwaves

A hook on chair falling off with my brother in it is why I'm afraid of them...

How long ago was that? If it was awhile ago I wouldn't worry as much because baby gear has significantly improved over the years.

I literally ran into and fell ON my clients Chicco one yesterday, and I'm not a small girl. Freakin' thing didn't budge and now I have a huge bruise on my buttocks :eek: Yeah, I would put my kid in that thing in a heartbeat. It wasn't going anywhere.

So dh has nixed all my ideas lately, the hook onto the table chair and the restaurant style. He doesn't trust the hook on chairs, and he doesnt like the look of the restaurant style and he doesnt want something without a tray (that was my biggest hesitation about getting one of those).

Holly this isn't personal to you, but more of me venting about my own husband. When does my husband get to decide about baby gear when *I* am the one taking care of the kids and house all day while he works? I mean, I appreciate his input and concerns yada yada yada, but really in the end *I* know what's best. If this is something you really want, and really think would work best for your whole family, especially the children, then I think he should be more understanding. Or next time, could you just not ask his opinion? He can take care of his manly man stuff, and I will take care of the home kid stuff. :D

Last edited:
ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
It was in the late 80s. Of course I realize my fear is completely irrational. Doesn't mean I'm comfortable using them. :)

Chex

That's why I prefer the one I linked to, KQ. It has longer arms than the others we've tried. SOOO many people have run into it and my DD HAS jumped up and down in it and it didn't budge. One of the others we tried for a while was [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Regalo-Diner-Portable-Hook-Chair/dp/B0000A1O7P"]this one [/ame]and we returned it because the arms started coming out of the rubber grippers. :eek: But the one I linked to originally doesn't have separate rubber grippers. The arms are one long piece. That thing is SOLID!

Holly

My high chair is now listed! I hope it sells soon, I'm going to get the fisher price deluxe healthy care booster, the one that is red.
With the other $20 I'm getting ds's fisher price gumball machine.

Dh uses the baby gear as much as I do, especially anything food related. He feeds and cleans up the kids about 50% of the time. I want his input because he lives with and uses all the stuff too, and I respect his opinions. Especially since my selling and re-buying habit really annoys him to no end, even if I'm not spending any additional money, it just drives him nuts.
I want to get what we both will want and be happy with.

Honestly I'm happier with this choice because with the hook on chair, I'd have to sell a bunch of other things to raise additional money to get it, and I don't think I'm willing to do that, it's just so expensive, plus the seat is cloth not vinyl.

With the restaurant chair, we only have the option of having him at the table. If he's eating something especially messy like Spaghetti or birthday cake, we can't put a tray on and have the mess more contained.

This hook on kind will also double as a feeding seat for when we go camping or if we go on a picnic or have Hannah's birthday in a park again this year. The red and tan will look good in our kitchen too!

Calideedle

I have the Fisher Price Healthy blah blah high chair (actually 2) I think I have all the parts too. You can have it free if you want! (I just have to be sure I have everything.

NM: just saw you want the red one.

Holly

Wow, don't you just love all the e-mails when you are selling something?
I listed my high chair for $40, which I don't think is unreasonable considering all the extras it has and that it's in great condition and a new one sells for $100. I got the first e-mail about it just a few minutes ago:

"I would like to purchase your high chair. I have twins and I'm purchasing one from another lady for $20. Would you be willing to sell yours for $20 as well?"

Thats 1/2 the price I'm asking! Plus how do I know she really has twins and isn't just trying to drive the price down?

vonfirmath

I don't trust the type that hooks onto the table either!

This is what we use -- used it when ought when using the Fisher Price Space Saver and just after Thanksgiving graduated son to using it full time:
http://www.epinions.com/review/Fisher_Price_Healthy_Care_Booster_Seat/content_246665875076

Fisher Price Healthy Choice Booster. Very easy to carry around, to use. The only negative is that the tray is not very big so I MUCH prefer it for use up to the table than as standalone. But, when necessary, the tray is workable.

it cleans up well/easily, and has lasted. (I bought it used for $20 when he was younger)

Calideedle

Just wanted to say you can't go wrong with getting the Fisher Price Healthy Care Booster Seat.

I pulled my two out just now and they are missing the anchors (to hold them on the chairs) so I called FP and they are sending out new Anchors, Waist/Crotch Restraint and Tray covers (even though both mine are still in the packaging, never opened) for free.

So I guess I'll give them away for sell on CL.

Holly

I just sold it for $30. I had wanted to get $40 but most of all I wanted to sell it before Christmas, so I just did it. I have enough for the booster that I want plus extra.

Holly

I have the new seat in my kitchen right now!
It's awesome! I love it! It saves so much space and I love the colors!
I can't wait to try ds in it tomorrow!

Holly

I got the Fisher Price Healthy Care Deluxe Booster.
Here is Josh in it this morning.

December2009221.jpg

December2009233.jpg

December2009238.jpg

December2009242.jpg

2BunniesMommy

That is what I was going to suggest. Have one that I had for Libby and it was great. Had to get an actual high chair for Allison because she kept tossing her head back and hitting the wood back of the chair. It is so easy to take places and super easy to clean. Might be time to try it with her again.

Also, had to comment, in the first pic of Josh, he looks sooooo much like my friend's son. If I can still find the post next time she comes over I will have to show her. I showed it to DH and DD1 and they both thought it was Nathan.

Holly

Also, had to comment, in the first pic of Josh, he looks sooooo much like my friend's son. If I can still find the post next time she comes over I will have to show her. I showed it to DH and DD1 and they both thought it was Nathan.

Wow, thats so weird! If we hadn't named him Josh, we would have used Nathan James! Cool!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC