MR65 vs RNXTSL

northernmommy

I know every kid is different, but I'm hoping someone can give an estimate here, lol :eek:

How much longer will a kid have in an XT vs a MR? DS is 2.5, 32lbs, 13" torso. I want to get him to 4 rf. I was originally going to go with the XT, but the MR is way less $$.

Any thoughts?

ADS

Evolily

I'm going to guess that the MR65 will probably get him to 4. His torso sounds reasonably sized and his weight growth curve doesn't hit 40 till after his 4th birthday.

armywife12

He might come close to 4 in the MyRide but the Radian will most definitely give him more room. You could always go with the Radian 65SL (still rear faces to 40lbs) for under $200. Babycatalog.com is having a sale right now on their Radians. You'll see the sale price once you put it in your basket. I was just on there and could get a Radian 80SL for $215! My 27 month old has a torso just over 14 inches I believe and he has about 2.5-3 inches of shell above his head still. He'll make it close to 3 yrs old but I'll be surprised if he makes it longer than that. Since your child's torso is around an inch shorter, yours may make it close to 4.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
Depends on the build. If the kid outgrows it by weight, then none, probably, but for a thinner, taller child, could be a year or more..the myride shell is just that much shorter.

I'm not sure what the price differential is up there, but I'd get a Rn 65 over a MR65, fo rthe shell height.

Also..for rearfacing, it isn't torso height as much as complete heigh to top of head...so a kid with a shorter torso might still outgrow a seat sooner RFing, if his head is big or his neck is long, etc. So you need to take THAT into consideration more than torso height, when talking about RFing.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC