Anyone have experience with HipMonkey.com??

I was just going to order a car seat from hipmonkey.com, but when I searched for the business on the Better Business Bureau website it can not be found.

Anyone have any experience ordering from them? :thumbsdown::thumbsup:

Thanks!

ADS

NannyMom

I haven't bought from them myself, but many people here have. I would if they had the right price on what I wanted. Their sales benefit the Kyle David Miller Foundation.

MomToEliEm

I have ordered from them last year and my order went very well. My booster seat shipped out a little later then I would have liked (the pink monterey was back-ordered), but it still came in the timeframe they specified.

Cryssy Jane

I ordered a radian xt from them a while back. The transaction went smoothly, however I had to keep calling to find out where my seat was. A month later I finally received it. I like that it supports the kyle david miller foundation, but the one time I've ordered from there there was very slow shipping.

April

I ordered an 86Y from there and it shipped very fast. It was a great experience for me.:thumbsup::twocents:

AtTheSouthDam

I ordered a Regent from there on a Thursday night and had it Monday morning :) I also ordered a Monterey ad it came four days later, a little longer s the have recently moved out of my state. If it is in stock they are very quick. However, they seems to be towards the bottom of the list to get Sunshine Kids products and those shipments can take FOREVER if it is not already in stock.

jsmom

I ordered a Regent from there on a Thursday night and had it Monday morning :) I also ordered a Monterey ad it came four days later, a little longer s the have recently moved out of my state. If it is in stock they are very quick. However, they seems to be towards the bottom of the list to get Sunshine Kids products and those shipments can take FOREVER if it is not already in stock.

That was the issue I had. I ordered an XT when they were first available and after waiting over a month I changed my order and got a Frontier which was in stock and shipped quickly.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I have a friend who just tried to order XTSLs from them and they were not helpful at all to her. She ended up cancelling her order and going w/ someone else who was more willing to help her and not be rude to her. I'll send her this link and see if she feels like posting about it.

nmb

I've ordered twice from them and no problems. I ordered a Signo last fall and got it within a week of ordering...then when we were rear-ended replaced that seat with a Radian XT from hipmonkey....it was back ordered but I was able to email them and find out when it would be in (before I ordered); they were quick to respond, I ordered, and the seat came when I was told it would. (had another seat to use in the meantime). No issues at all with either order.

mommy-medic

Bought a regent from them to replace one that was involved in a wreck. They had SUPERB communication- let me know that there would be a delay (they were awaiting new ones from Britax, so I didn't mind waiting- got a DOM from 3 weeks prior to when it showed up at my front door!)

Plus- they send proceeds to KDM- so if I had another car seat purchase to make, I would definitely look into giving them my business again. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

That is good to hear...mostly good experiences. I ordered the Radian XTSL from them and received an email shortly after that the seat was not in stock, that it should be in stock in two weeks. What does that mean? I could be waiting for a month?

Wouldn't have such an issue if my daughter had not suddenly gained 4lbs (now at 40lbs) and outgrown the harness cap. of the seat which is 40lbs as well. I can't put her in that car seat anymore and have NOTHING to use in the meantime! Rentals? but doing that will cost just as much as buying another car seat would. :eek:

Mylilboyblue

My experience with them wasn't the best, but they were responsive. I ordered an XT with them when they first came out. I was told it would be shipped in two weeks, then it was 3 weeks, then a month, then 2 months, and finally I got tired of waiting, canceled and they sent me a check. I ended up buying from Kids-n-Cribs.

ZephyrBlue

I've read several times on this board that people have had a heck of a hard time getting their seats as promised :( Much longer wait times than they were originally told.

Like a PP, I've ordered from KidsNCribs and gotten excellent service and same day shipping :thumbsup:

momtocutie

I ordered a Britax Frontier from them last Sunday. The site has it listed in stock. On Monday, I received an email saying that they had a run on britax and that they ran out but expect a shippment next week. I emailed telling them that I would wait a week but not much longer as my daughter reached the 40 lbs limit on her current seat and that I would fear for her safety. They emailed back shortly thereafter saying that after checking their lists for what is coming next week, the Frontier is not on it and they don't expect it till after the new year. I canceled my order and ordered from Diapers.com, they matched the price from Hipmonkey and gave me an extra 10% off for being a first time customer. I ordered Monday night and had the seat on Wednesday. Hipmonkey refunded my money immediately, so they are legit. I really wanted to buy from them as it supports the Kyle Miller foundation, but I could not wait for who knows how long to get the seat.

RockABuyReen

I didn't have a good experience with them.
I pre-ordered a Radian XT SL from them in like August.
The date they were supposed to arrive changed like 3 times, they never emailed me about any of it and only updated the web page the first time, I had to email them then wait 2 days for a response every time my 'due date' came and went.
When I was told I should get my car seat by the 24th of November and didn't, I checked the website to see if they changed the dates, and it still said they would arrive late October/ early November, I emailed AGAIN to ask, and was told they had no clue when they would get them in (so nice of them to email on the 18th, when they were supposed to have them, to tell me they didn't get them)... so I canceled and went with Diapers.com where I got the seat for cheaper using a price match, and the seat was here in 2 days.
I was all about buying from them, even if it cost a little more, to support the cause. But, I will never order from there again, communication was forced- if I hadn't emailed, they would have never emailed me about the repeated delays.
The cause is to help get good car seats for people who can't afford them... but here I was with my son in a seat *I* didn't feel was as safe as it could be, waiting on them to ship my seat. I was naive and assumed if they didn't have the seat no one did, I should've researched sooner, because apparently people had the seat 'a few months' before I finally got one.
I'm sorry I wouldn't recommend the site to anyone.
Also, if you click on the 'award' she has on her front page, it will take you to the site of the Women's Businesses or whatever it is, and you can read customer comments there.

Well, I ordered from them and got the car seat...

I would agree with most of the posts that it was an alright experience but NOT the best. I got my Radian a month after I ordered it. They sell products that they do not have in stock as "in stock" and you only find out that it is not in stock AFTER you order it, and yes they DO charge you before they even have the car seat in stock.

A good business would have the ACTUAL stock status of the product listed on the product web page so consumers are aware that they are buying something that the company does not actually have. Also, they should be charging customers at the time of shipment, not before. Sketchy business to me.

And "Marie", the owner I presume, is no ray of sunshine to do business with.

I would only order from them again if I had to. Altogether a mediocre experience. :eek:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC