Recaro US just called....

JaRylan

Drumroll please!!!

19" top slots on the new Recaro seat that is coming out in May!

The lady also told me that this seat is going through the approval process so it can be sold in Canada and they hope to have the paperwork done by August.

I would love it if someone else phoned Recaro and got the same answers!

Darn, I forgot to ask about lifespan.

(Yes, I just copied and pasted my post on the BBC Car Safety Tips board).

ADS

southpawboston

so we've got 35# RF, 70# FF, and 19" slots? sounds very promising... plus it's sure to have TSIP (in the tradition of recaro)... i hope it's not too massive...

i may try calling as well...

Starlight

Senior Community Member
ooooooh! I am soooo getting one of these. ds has 1.5 inch - maybe a little more - in the Radian, so he will be set!

Wooo hooo!

drey

Woo hoo!!

So, can we put all the stats that we know of, for this seat, in one spot? I think there was another post about est. price?

I SO WANT ONE OF THESE!!! :p

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Radian is 18".

Depends how you measure and who you ask...if you ask Sunshine Kids, they say 18, and I think that's with the cover off (I don't know if they put their own kids in it without the cover, but I sure use it, lol), I get 17 pushing down HARD on the cover, and someone not pushing down hard gets 16. So... I wonder how Recaro's measuring 19? Either way, sounds promising (I'm hoping something comes out better than a Britax before I need something bigger, I just want something *NEW*, lol)

TXDani

Senior Community Member
So you know how all the Regents flew off the shelves after the Kyle YouTube video??? Well I bet with all the ado there is about this Recaro seat, and how many of us carseat freaks want one that there is a shortage of this seat quickly after its launch! ;) Haha, I can hear it now "Oh sorry we are all out, all the people on car-seat.org bought them the first day we got them!"

Starlight

Senior Community Member
I just told dh I wanted one, and he told me no. :eek:

So, anybody want to buy a couple of TB's, a Scenera, or a Compass infant seat to fund my Recaro?

LOL

I *am* getting one of these seats!

JaRylan

Depends how you measure and who you ask...if you ask Sunshine Kids, they say 18, and I think that's with the cover off (I don't know if they put their own kids in it without the cover, but I sure use it, lol), I get 17 pushing down HARD on the cover, and someone not pushing down hard gets 16. So... I wonder how Recaro's measuring 19? Either way, sounds promising (I'm hoping something comes out better than a Britax before I need something bigger, I just want something *NEW*, lol)

When my replacement Radian gets here I will be measuring (no sense measuring the one stuck out in the cold car, lol).

Has anyone else been able to confirm what they told me about the top slot height? I forgot to ask if that was a compressed 19" or what it was they were measuring.

LuvBug

WOW! I hope they really are that when they come out! If they are then that is AWESOME! Im going to have to come up with an excuse to get one!

southpawboston

So you know how all the Regents flew off the shelves after the Kyle YouTube video??? Well I bet with all the ado there is about this Recaro seat, and how many of us carseat freaks want one that there is a shortage of this seat quickly after its launch! ;) Haha, I can hear it now "Oh sorry we are all out, all the people on car-seat.org bought them the first day we got them!"

yeah... all um, er, 50 of us? ;) J/K!

but the one thing that worries me is that this thing might be massive (given its weight ratings and top slot height) and thus might not fit in a lot of cars!

JaRylan

yeah... all um, er, 50 of us? ;) J/K!

but the one thing that worries me is that this thing might be massive (given its weight ratings and top slot height) and thus might not fit in a lot of cars!

Does anyone know the specs on the European model that this is supposed to be based on? That might help with figuring out if one would need to remove their backseat in order to install it, lol.

RECARO Young Expert plus

The expert for safe driving – RECARO Young Expert plus.

Nothing is more exciting than seeing your child grow. The RECARO Young Expert enables you to relax, at least when it comes to driving. This universal child seat fits into almost any car and features a large side protection shell with absorbing material that provide extra protection on side impact. It is also extremely simple to handle.

southpawboston

i highly doubt it will be based on the young expert. the young expert is a FF-only seat, and is only rated 9-18kg (20-40lb). i frankly don't understand why the YE is even sold in europe since it serves such a narrow weight range. at least the YS does the same thing AND turns into a booster after 40lb.

it is also possible that the upcoming recaro will be designed for the US/canada only...

but the YE is drop dead georgous!!! DROOL! :)

6125.21107.66-large.jpg

JaRylan

Good to know! That would be too cool if they designed a seat just for Canada/US. I was amazed when the Recaro rep said that the paperwork for Canada should be complete by August - it's like they know we exist up here in the north.

Dillipop

I am looking at my safeguard that goes to 65 pounds and trying to see it rfing in my car....hmmm

Actually, if the recaro has a movable headrest, it would make the seat much more compact rfing, than say the regent. I would say the safeguard with the headrest fully down, isn't any bigger than the marathon. I haven't put them next to each other, though, so maybe it would be. I can't wait for the recaro. It is probably the only option left to harness DS in my mom's car once he outgrows the marathon.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC