WWYD-almost 4 yo RFing?

hboo22

My daughter Jaylee will be 4 in January. She is a peanut, and I just recently turned her FFing full time in her TF. The other day we were getting ready to go to a Christmas dinner, and she actually cried cause she wanted to sit backward :( We were ready to go so I weighed her with coat and boots and she was 35.5 lbs. So I had to tell her no, she was too big now :( Laila, who I'm embarassed to say has been FFing since about 11 months :eek: also would love to RF, but is too big at 45.5 lbs.....would you get Jaylee a new seat to RF longer?? I am thinking if I can sell or trade my TF I would get her a higher weight RFing seat.....
Why the heck can they not make the TF RFing to 40 or 45 lbs, look at all her head room!!! :confused:

ADS

babygirlsmom1005

I would love if the TF would be a 40 or 45 lbs seat!!!

I gave into the begging of being RF'ing again - in my sig pic is my DD 4 years old RF'ing in her new Radian XT (40 lbs seat).

If you have the extra $ for it, it won't put a financial strain on you and you want to (and your DD totally wants to), why not?

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Agreed. If you can afford to, go ahead. It certainly won't hurt her! If it would be cost prohibitive, or she doesn't want to part with her TF, then no.

Wendy

hboo22

I would, but I'm afraid DH will kill me, especially since we have too many seats as it is.... I would love to get her a Petal Radian XTSL!! Wonder what I could get out of the TF on Craigslist?? hmmmm.....

urchin_grey

Sure, I'd do it if you have the $$ or you can sell/trade the TF.

I'm amazed that's she's over 35lbs! My 4yo has about the same amount of shell over his head (RF'ing, anyway) but he's only 25lbs. I guess he's just really skinny. :p

emandbri

I know all about having too many seats. :whistle:

I would show your dh the rear-facing youtube video, explain that the true fit was a good choice at the time but now this new seat goes rear-facing to 45 lbs and you want her backwards again!

She would fit great in the radian!

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I gave into the begging too. It certainly has made my life easier. My rule is if I can, RF until 4. After 4, they get input. That also means that if I'm ABLE and they WANT to after 4... I accomodate that. :)

BookMama

Senior Community Member
If you want to get a new seat, can reasonably spend the money, and it won't cause a big fight with your DH, then why not. On the other hand, at 4 I wouldn't stress about her being FF and *I* certainly wouldn't push you to buy her a new seat so she can RF. :twocents:

hboo22

What about a MyRide?? How tall are the harness slots (for later FF use)? There is one at our Walmart, its kinda up too high to try it out. But I'm tall, I may just hoist Jaylee up there to see ;) I wish they didn't zip tie them to the shelves, seriously, who's gonna steal a car seat?!?!?

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
What about a MyRide?? How tall are the harness slots (for later FF use)? There is one at our Walmart, its kinda up too high to try it out. But I'm tall, I may just hoist Jaylee up there to see ;) I wish they didn't zip tie them to the shelves, seriously, who's gonna steal a car seat?!?!?
DD just moved from a TF to a MR and I thought I wasn't going to like it because it sits up so much higher than the TF, but it ends up I *really* quite like it now! In some respects I like it more than the TF.

This is how my DD fits in the TF:

preview_imgp34250.jpg

And I think that looks taller than your DD (if your siggy pic is fairly current)? What's your DD's overall height? Do you know her torso height?

And my DD in the MR with 2 or slightly more inches to grow (her feet are smushed up because the leather seat was mighty cold when we took this pic, not because she doesn't have leg room!):

preview_imgp3434_20.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC